It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Problem..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Over the past few months or so I have seen an ever increasing amount of threads moaning at the staff of this site for a variety of reasons. Staff conspiring to remove certain topics from the boards, promoting other rubbish topics, deleting threads without sound reasoning and just generally bad mouthing the founders and moderators of this site..

I'm starting to get sick of it. You see the fault of most of these things being moaned about is not the fault of the staff but the fault of some of the newer members of ATS. You cannot blame the staff of ATS for the user contributed content of this site. Because it is user contributed.

The staff here have a duty to make sure that topics do not go against the T&C of this site. The T&C that you agreed to when you signed up. That is why threads get deleted. Some threads also get deleted if they are believed to have been started with the intents of inciting pointless arguments or hate. OR if the threads produce nothing but mindless spam.

Staff are NOT conspiring against us. The idea is illogical. They are actually doing a bloody good job considering the amount of annoying counter-productive newbie-troll hybrids that are plaguing this site currently.

Give them some credit. They don't get paid to do this job and they are all die hard conspiracy theorists like ourselves. Please stop blaming the staff for the ignorance and rule breaking of newer members. They are just doing their jobs and they are doing it damn well in my opinion.

/Rant over

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"They don't get paid to do this job"

well with all the ads i see someone is getting paid =p

i gave the staff solutions how to deal with it but they chose to go the cartoon way instead . So you can expect more bashing of staff.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm tired of these rants that really have no purpose and don't add to the good of the site of course though this going to be a "hot topic"

Seed of chucky as have I.. But they don't like my ideas either.. Idk why maybe cause it would make it to where the users of the site had somewhat of a say as to what posts were off topic or inappropriate.
edit on 27-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
I'm tired of these rants that really have no purpose and don't add to the good of the site of course though this going to be a "hot topic"

No purpose and doesn't add to the good of the site?

The site wouldn't be here without the founders and the staff in general so to badmouth them with stupid theories about them conspiring against the members is not only stupid but offensive. The purpose of this thread is to point out just how stupid and offensive this is.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree & couldn't say it better myself. The spammers, trolls, and all of that are very much annoying and should not be moaning about the MOD's when really they don't deserve to have posted something silly on the site.

& yes the MOD's do a great job on this site

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by mb2591

No purpose and doesn't add to the good of the site?

The site wouldn't be here without the founders and the staff in general so to badmouth them with stupid theories about them conspiring against the members is not only stupid but offensive. The purpose of this thread is to point out just how stupid and offensive this is.

Well it may be offensive but no one I've seen badmouths the staff that's asking for a ban.. And it's sometime there is good reason anyways.. And no this doesn't add to the good to the site it is just a waste of space.. The other ones with people getting upset could add to the good of the site because it gives the staff a chance to see the problems and potentially fix them..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Are you mad?

.. you make absolutely no valid point and you say this thread is a waste of space?

Not going to even bother arguing with you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by mb2591

Are you mad?

.. you make absolutely no valid point and you say this thread is a waste of space?

Not going to even bother arguing with you.

Lol no ok baii
Its not like this thread wasn't dead anyways

new topics

top topics

join