It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a Car Accident. Guess Who sells your Private Details for Profits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Did you know if you are involved in an accident your details are sold on to Claims Chasers / personal injury lawyers and that is why everyone's car insurance premiums are so extortionately high. www.bbc.co.uk...

Not only does you car insurance company sell your details, but your garage is at it, vehicle recovery firms, crash repairers and even, more worrying really, the Police sell your details.

Jack Straw in the UK has said this is a racket. He's right accidents are down 34%, the number of stolen cars have dropped dramatically our roads are safer, yet our premiums go up steadily so they don't reflect this at all because personal claims are now costing us all £14 Billions a year. Some apparently are even staged events.

I am not moaning about genuine personal claims they are quite fair, but its the selling of my personal information that I think is bad. I thought mistakenly our privacy was protcted by a Data Protection Act and I certainly never dream't, that public servants the Police, sell your information whatever else do they sell? This was revealed in the BBC interview this morning by the Director General of the Assoc of British Insurers who say this needs to stop. The fees range from £200 - £1000 and for one accident there could well be several fees collected.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

As long as we put up with that kind of behavior it will continue. It is, in essence, our fault. Not you and me, but everyone's.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I work for one of these companies (in IT) and unfortunately it is true. we pay £250 PER CLAIM so if there is 3 people in the accident then the garage get £750 and recently we have been sending out ipads to the garages for sending us lots of claims. the bad side is it may cost the insurance company around £10,000 in solicitors fees for the client to get £2000.
the practice has been going on for years and i really don't agree on it but i also need a job an here is all their is atm

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What shocked me is that the police are selling personal information about people. The other parties are all linked into this practise for business purposes nothing else.

But police business is not a commercial business and there seems a complete derivation of duty here. Today people will tell you that even any minor contact with the police in the UK today can tarnish and have serious repercussions on one's life, so their selling for profit someone's details, does it stop at just car accidents, who decides what they sell and to whom.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I am also work for this type of company.Unfortunately its happen with the everyone and its a fact.detail is the £250 is the charge for the one claim and the garage get the £750.....but the companies get the solicitors fee £2000 for the clients.these are the rules of all the insurance companies.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
look into the info from your insurance company..you will be surprised what they give other companies......i was.

my experience,,was in an accident that totaled out both vehicles..you would have never known that from all the invitations of credit, new vehicles and possible liabitlies claims that were suggested by the companies that contacted me.
my first thought was, 'how could they have known so fast'...i was pretty naive back in those days......a company looks at EVERY SITUATION as a way to make some money..........what ever happened to good ol' fashion hard work?!?

top topics

join