It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar al-Bashir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What do you guys think of the President of Sudan, Omar al-Bashir and the charges being brought against him? He's being charged with genocide, resisting arrest, and corruption. He allegedly used excessive force against the civilian population during the Darfur War. On one side he was fighting what he considered to be "terrorists" and on the other side he committed genocide against civilians and was discriminatory against different ethnic groups within his own country.

Bashir during his tour with Starfleet

He seems to be hiding from international police forces and probably won't surrender without putting even more blood on his hands. Personally I think he's guilty, but that's for the International Criminal Court to decide. What do you think, is he a hero for his putting an end to the Second Sudanese Civil War and the War in Darfur, or is he a genocidal dictator for his refusal to give up power and allegedly committing genocide? He's a good actor, but is he a good president?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think it's kind of outrageous that they're charging him with this. If they're going to do that, they might as well charge the insane amount of other presidents who did just the same thing but had better diplomatic immunity

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
meh, you made me look at IMDb...poor Alexander Siddig

join