It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbollah members 'confess to spying for CIA'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hizbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah on Friday announced that members of his militant movement had confessed to being CIA agents and accused arch-foe Israel of turning to the US spy agency when it failed to infiltrate his Iran-backed party. In the first such acknowledgement of infiltration since the group's founding in the 1980s, Nasrallah refused to disclose the identities of the two party members but said a third case was under investigation, slamming the US embassy in Lebanon as a "den of spies."

"Our investigation has found that ... intelligence officers (in the CIA) have recruited two of our members separately, whom we shall not name out of respect for the privacy of their families," he added. "The first confessed he was recruited five months ago ... while the second confessed he had been recruited even before that," he said, adding that the recruiters were CIA agents posing as diplomats at the US embassy east of Beirut.

Nasrallah also said the group was investigating whether the third member of the party had been recruited by the CIA, Israel's Mossad or the intelligence service of a European country.

Source

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We all know the CIA has their hand in every Governments Affairs.
Just what are the trying to gain, From recruiting Hizbollah members?

A gateway of data to Iran? I'm sure their already in Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

If you believe the article, then real fairies must exist

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This story is quite disturbing on a few levels, but I think what it says about the current state of affairs at the CIA is what bothers me the most. These are both described as recent recruits by CIA case officers. One as recent as 5 months? Wow... The CIA case officers managed to either choose people THAT unstable or actually pissed them off this quickly to be caught almost immediately?? If this is the best American intelligence can manage to do in the Middle East on what must be considered one of the highest priority targets to get intelligence on (I.E...their best would be working this one, you'd think) then we're really in trouble. Talk about clueless. It sounds like CIA may lean far more heavily on other agencies like the Mossad than I'd ever thought. CIA sure doesn't sound like IT has the talent to get anything productive accomplished anymore.

I also wouldn't doubt the accuracy of the information here.....assuming a couple higher ranking Hezbollah have recently kinda vanished and haven't been heard from since. The Jihadis like this group would be using for interrogations don't stop with 'stress positions' and 'waterboarding'..so I'm pretty sure we can trust they got every last shred of information these two clowns had to offer by the end of it. What a difference approaches to counter-intelligence can make.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I didn't say I believe it at all. Just want to hear thoughts, on this subject.
IMO. I think, a lot of these So called terrorist leaders, are manufactured for false
flag purposes.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Then I guess I believe fairies exist. It is common knowledge that the CIA and their counter parts have had their hands in every revolution in at least the past 60 years. Probably longer. If they causght 2 there is sure to be many more. They are simply trying to make it appear it only been recently. What would they gain? The same thing they have accomplished every where they have been. Chaos and war. It has been somewhat quiet in Lebanon with all the turmoil going on around them. The NWO isn't going to be happy until they have overthrown every leader of the Middle East. While doing that agitating Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I also wouldn't doubt the accuracy of the information here.....assuming a couple higher ranking Hezbollah have recently kinda vanished and haven't been heard from since. The Jihadis like this group would be using for interrogations don't stop with 'stress positions' and 'waterboarding'..so I'm pretty sure we can trust they got every last shred of information these two clowns had to offer by the end of it.

I agree.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Cant wait to Al queda admits to working for the CIA... The people would probably still not get it/..

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I'm sure Osama, Was at one point on the CIA payroll, If not to his end. If he really is dead?!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
An intelligence agency that recruits agents ???
I'm totally shocked !!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

LoL Wondering, what the information they were seeking. just saying, with the ww3 thread started here a few ago.
If this, isn't Propaganda.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

would't surprise me a bit

after all,

Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How about this:

www.haaretz.com...

Just convieniant for Hizbollah to allege 2 members "confess to spying for CIA"