It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA to quit most pat downs on kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

TSA to quit most pat downs on kids

www.latimes.com

The U.S. Transportation Security Administration, changing a policy that has unleashed widespread controversy and viral videos, says it will perform fewer pat-downs on young children at airport security checkpoints.

The decision, made by TSA Administrator John S. Pistole, was announced Wednesday during testimony before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, the Associated Press reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So tsa is going to have less Pat downs of kids and elderly. Perhaps now people will see that government is possible of reversing bad policy and is not out to destroy Americans rights and liberty's.
Although many will say it should never have been started in the first place it is good to see the government reverse policy on something the people do not want.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
less?

what are they reserving the right to still search children they are sexually attracted to?

only going to search those that they prefer?

TSA is an unnecessary joke

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't buy this really to be honest. They said children would be "exempt" from the enhanced pat downs a while ago and yet they're still preforming it on them today. Unless I see an outside source, such as individual journalism, reporting that they have actually changed policy and are effectively acting it out, then I will believe it.

When it comes to the TSA, I've seen a lot of saying but not enough doing on their part to back up their claims.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Fewer does not mean they eliminated the pat down of children.
All this is is a way to placate the masses while continuing to violate the rights of all Americans.

Read the last paragraph of the article. Pistone also says that business travelers are going to get an express lane to go through security. What kind of security is that supposed to be? Is this a line where if we pay enough to the airlines and govt., they will not grope us?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OK so now terrorists can hide bombs in children, might as well disband the entire TSA.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
More people die in the bathtub than they do from terrorist attacks and that's a fact, yet people don't insist on having supervised baths. Just goes to show you how easily manipulated human fear is. TSA is completely unnecessary.

I want to be able to fly again.

top topics

join