It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grueling Race Puts Up Obstacles, Especially for One Man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well, I'm on the petite side at 5'9" tall, and 203 lbs currently 9.3 BF %.

A midget next to me at 6'4".

I hear the "bigger they are the harder they fall" nonsense too.

I was taught how to fight someone bigger and someone smaller.

Why do I say this? lol. Because I have usually been the PT stud when it came to the running and everything, but because I have what you would call a cross between an mesomorphic and endomorphic body type, Im kind of like a fire hydrant.

A fireplug physique is unique.

Impressive when standing still but I look like dumb ass when I'm trying to run. Especially when we used to run in formation, because I was actually one of the shorter guys in my platoon, the tallest being 6'9". So for every one step they took I had to take at least another half step. When I was "attempting" to prepare for selection my Sgt, started making me and 2 other guys run double what everyone else did, and we still had to finish in the normal PT time. So when everyone else was doing their two mile, we had to run four and still be back in formation with everyone else. That was difficult the first month, and we often got back late, pushups waiting of course.

Oh, you would have hated me, in Boot Camp, I was the guidon, flag-bearer for those uninitiated.

I had to set the pace according the Drill Sergeant and his demands.

We had some guys who were 5'5" and 5'3" who were road-guard during runs.

I got my fair share of treatment though.

During A.I.T. I was guidon, again, and the 1st Sergeant saw how motivated I was one day.

During our battalion runs, of course, six platoons running 2-miles.

He ordered me to run around the battalion while they were running.

I did it 6 times screaming our battalion yell and twirling the battalion flag over my head.

Before he ordered me back at the head of the run.

Motivation is key for participation during any and all PT.

Lost my voice in the first week of Boot Camp screaming due to motivation.

I am confident that I can do the race with no problem. Bu winning that race is a whole different ball game. I always had a motto, run until your dead. funny thing is I may die far sooner than the chicken legged guy running next to me. lol

Good you have that confidence.

I'm sure I can finish this race if I'm in my peak condition.

Once I do it a few times and maximize my peak condition I could win any of them.

Never the less I would LOVE to do it, if for no other reason than just to say I did it. Who cares if you win so long as i get to run through fire and get dirty as hell?

Same here, snowen20, same here.

Half the fun of competing is getting dirty while having fun.

The Spartan Death Race looks fun as Hell and challenging.

And Love both of those.
edit on 6/28/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

<< 1  2   >>

join