It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous and LulzSec’s Existence Scares ISP into Halting Web Censorship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

LulzSec has certainly had an effect on many around the world. Love them or hate them, it’s next to impossible to deny that they have caught the attention of many. That includes Australian ISP Telstra. According to reports surfacing, they planned on rolling out their web censorship plan, but are now hesitant on implementing their web censorship plan fearing reprisals from hacking groups such as LulzSec.

It is understood the unstructured collective of hackers that identifies itself as Lulz Security, which has an agenda to wreak havoc on corporate and government cyber assets, claiming this is to expose security flaws, is one of Telstra main concerns.

Link

edit on 25-6-2011 by Domo1 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just saw this on the LulzSec Twitter feed and thought I would share with the community. It seems at least one good thing has come from all these 'hack' attacks. Does this make you support the groups more or less now? I'm still on the fence with my support. I fear that continued media coverage will only serve to bring about tougher internet regulation but at the same time feel that we should not just lie back and take it anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So much more to come

Its only one of the phases

lalalalala, you dont wanna hear us, but it gonna happen

Love us or hate, but we still did something to CHANGE the rules of the games, instead of sitting doing nothing or just complaning like a lot of pathetic peoples
edit on 25-6-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

for the lulz, dont forget it
edit on 25-6-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

lulzsec got owned badly by other hackers, this is the real reason for their retirement

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gghhgghh

I have seen no indication of any retirement. Could you please provide some sort of documentation... at least a link for me to follow? Are you talking about the kid that got caught running an IRC in the UK?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by gghhgghh

I have seen no indication of any retirement. Could you please provide some sort of documentation... at least a link for me to follow? Are you talking about the kid that got caught running an IRC in the UK?
http:///1znEGmHa

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Maybe that's the false flag for the Government to come in and start taking over the web 100%~

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Well damn! Surprised I hadn't heard yet and thanks for the link! I'm almost sad, almost. Wonder if someone new will come along and pick up the gauntlet.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Yeah I was wondering that as well. I really hope we don't see the hammer fall on internet freedoms. I already feel to regulated online!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Well damn! Surprised I hadn't heard yet and thanks for the link! I'm almost sad, almost. Wonder if someone new will come along and pick up the gauntlet.
They only announced it a few hours ago.
Personally, I think their actions not only ticked off too many organizations, but painted the other "hacktivist" groups in such a bad light that there was retaliation they couldn't stand against.
They were kids playing chaotically in a playground too big for them.
edit on 6/25/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I tend to agree that they really painted the other groups out there in a worse light. It irritated me to no end that they came out rallying against 'hacktivism' then rolled over and started doing pretty much the exact same thing. I agree that the playground was a little too big for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Yeah us, FYI that includes all of you and this joker. We can all do our part, and honestly you are all already doing yours. So many new things are happening in this world, and so quickly. 2012 is approaching...

I believe in Fate. Keep doing what your doing, and never regret your choices. Everything happens for a reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
we should stop calling them kids.

Fighting the US government isnt childish.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Kayla is a kid.
www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Damn I didn't know that, thanks for posting!

In response to the other poster everyone under 30 is a kid to me, including myself.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Samuelis

Kayla is a kid.
www.theregister.co.uk...

and these 'kids' have done so much - even scaring governments.

Good for them I say. Hold back tyranny.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
MSM confirmation of the Lulzboat sinking.

LulzSec Hacking Group Disbands

Anonymous didn't like these people it seems.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lulz
it's not over Yet

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

they will. they already are :d

far as i know, best bet is to hitch your wagon to anonops on IRC etc. if you are interested in #antisec (i could be wrong... i'm not involved or anything)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Im impressed ATS, very impressed.

Because the majority of ATSers believe blindly the MSM

Nones of you understand what Divide and Conquer ,Deceivers and Deceived means ?

Are you a bit dense , ATSers ?

An you dare saying "deny ignorance" ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join