It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello from little beirut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
hello. i've lurked around for awhile and posted a few times so i thought i'd better introduce myself. i'm terri from portland, oregon - the town the bush family refers to as "little beirut." i don't know why they call it it that. there's really not that many anarchists....on my block.

i write about globalization for a web publication, and i teach at a local college.

in 1979 i was on the data management team for the voyager II encounter with jupiter project at jpl in pasadena, ca. i was just a go-fer, but what a cool place/time/project to be a go-fer! the team processed all the data from the spacecraft into what became the photos everyone knows so well now. we got to see everything first. maybe someday i'll write about it here, once i learn how to be less clumsy at posting. sorry i'm still so clumsy. maybe there's a place here to post old nasa trivia - it would be nice to connect with former jpl emps (especially if you worked on vgr31,32 or seasat1,2).

so, that is probably the one and only interesting thing about me. it's all been a slippery slope to little beirut since then.

you are all so interesting and this place shines.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll have alot to offer, enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hi rv!

I look forward to hearing about your JPL time. What an interesting experience that had to have been!

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hello for Chicago, welcome and enjoy your stay at the ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
hey terri, i am from portland also. never heard it referred to as little beruit though. wonder what that is all about.
currently i live in arizona and am loving the weather for sure!
welcome and enjoy. this forum is one of the most respectful i frequent.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welcome to the site randomviolins

hope your likeing the site sofar
any questions happy to help
check out bts to

cya around the site
se7en

top topics

join