It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Burning people alive in Kenya suspected of witchcraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

Firstly, i know full well of the account in which the Pope stated condoms was worse than aids, i don't need to quote or a website; it's common knowledge - But before you deny it or try to attach your own meaning, you should research.

I never stated i didn't believe in the supernatural at anypoint. And i don't want to get into a debate where i try to prove the "magic, fortune telling, astrology and talking to the dead" are wishful thinking at best, and decieving at worst.

I don't have a problem with investigating the supernatural, but i need a reason other than "faith".

Again, you make claims that God "deals" with people, and that witchcraft or the "black arts" is a real thing. This type of superstition coupled with biblical dogma can have serious effects on uneducated people in under developed countries as the OP has suggested.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

I never stated i didn't believe in the supernatural at anypoint. And i don't want to get into a debate where i try to prove the "magic, fortune telling, astrology and talking to the dead" are wishful thinking at best, and decieving at worst.

I don't have a problem with investigating the supernatural, but i need a reason other than "faith".

Again, you make claims that God "deals" with people, and that witchcraft or the "black arts" is a real thing. This type of superstition coupled with biblical dogma can have serious effects on uneducated people in under developed countries as the OP has suggested.

Good day.

That's true. The unstable mind ofcourse, which exist in all walks of life, can easily have effects on someones mind knowing that.

The perfectly sane mind who understands God judges after death, but still realizing witchraft is evil practice, can live life normally, hell, if a person invloved in witchcraft came to my house. i'd cook them some dinner, but if they ask, I'm gonna flat out say.

" I think your practice is evil and I think black magic invokes serious satanic forces "

People like me, and trust me I'm as religious as they come. I have about 20 painting in my living room of saints hanging up. I'm a traditional sedevacantist catholic.

I'm what biggots would call a nut. But I'm sane and normal.

Like I said people like me can think it's evil, but still live normally not harming anyone.

But I agree, unstable minds take things out of control and can twist what God said and it causes problems.

edit on 27-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The perfectly sane mind who understands God judges after death

I don't think that's a sane belief; a belief that a non-believer would be subjected to eternal torture for simply being honest with himself; that is not a benevolent God, that is not a merciful God.

God is the Judge Jury, and Executioner,; you can bring no laywer, there can be no appeal. I don't believe this is true; it's a conjured fearmongering tactic.

<< 1   >>

join