It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Burning people alive in Kenya suspected of witchcraft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Religion stupidity at its best! I don't think I would really fault true Christianity for this, since real Christian advocate peace and love. This is truly a cause of human superstition and paranoia. I hope the people who are burned are alright,

Religion at its best again. Five people from Kenyan village Kisii Nyamataro were slowly burned alive because they were suspected of witchcraft. Translation -- they did not acknowledge Jesus Christ as their God. The five young people, both men and women were beaten with sticks and set on fire to slowly roast while other villagers, including priests watched the spectacle. Religion always brings out the best in people!!

edit on 25-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

How can you call this Christian?
Just because the people are labeling themselves Christian is not all it takes.
They probably are calling themselves human too which we can see they are not.

Worse than animals. Much worse.
Usually in cases like this there is another motive we are unaware of. People are usually only religiously bent if it suits them in some power, hierarchy or profit structure. Otherwise people are too lazy to follow through on convictions. Probably someone wants them off this land for timber or something and so they are getting set up for extermination. Don't shoot the messenger. It happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I know this doesn't speak for all Christians even tho
I am not fond of religion. This is one of the most
horrible scenes I have seen in a long time, cruely
and torture in the name of God! I hope they get
their just desserts - roasting in hell if there is a
hell.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No different from how the Christian history in other places of the world.
Salem Witch Trials
Witch burnings in general
Holy wars.
You get my point. But still, this is absolutely horrible and brings a bad name to religion. I may not be religious, but i do respect what others believe in. But this, is waaaay extreme.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The Old and New Testaments treat witchcraft as an evil, rebellious, and loathsome practice. Those who practiced it were not tolerated. “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live,” (Exodus 22:18).

These people are Christian alright and simply doing as the bible instructs, but cherry-picking aside.. what does this really say about Christianity as a religion? You'd do well to research the bible's view of witchcraft.
edit on 25-6-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That was a totally disgusting display of makeshift hatred if I ever did see one.

I don't know what's worse, burning someone alive or not even doing THAT right

Makes me wonder. I know that the main reason we don't go into places like this and intervene is because they don't have any resources that we can use, but maybe another reason is that, even though our troops do fight on the streets in places like Afghanistan, at least that is more of a "clean" fight if you will.

Go to places like Kenya and what you'll see is a good old fashioned street fight complete with dull machetes and makeshift funeral pyres. I know our soldiers are trained for hand to hand combat. but the civilized world as whole isn't trained to see gutter level sh*t like that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is disgusting, someone needs to exterminate them.....now!

I now agree with depopulation and killing of the billions as I once was.
damn 'n-word's. Animals only fight for self preservation, humans for more.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What do you expect? They're just showing the true colors that they've been hiding for a few years now. Nothing new.

"...a leopard can't change his spots..."

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Throughout history, Christians oppressed Pagans. These Kenyan 'Christians' believe that these people are pagan witches. So they persecute them. Now a days, you'll never find people that value and follow their religion meticulously on the news, only the negatives.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is what is meant when people say religion can make morally normal people say and do wicked things.

I'm certainly glad we're rid of such superstitions in my country; the witchcraft ones anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Again, why doesn't their god keep all his followers on the same page? He should let these Kenyans know that the witch burning fad was phased out a few hundred years ago and they have now moved on to plan 5.35b. Keep up people!
edit on 25-6-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow

The Old and New Testaments treat witchcraft as an evil, rebellious, and loathsome practice. Those who practiced it were not tolerated. “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live,” (Exodus 22:18).

These people are Christian alright and simply doing as the bible instructs, but cherry-picking aside.. what does this really say about Christianity as a religion? You'd do well to research the bible's view of witchcraft.
edit on 25-6-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: typo

You deserve to know these people are not Christians...alright or all wrong and they are not doing as Jesus instructs. How do you not listen to Christ and call yourself Christian? Christians follow the word of Christ, hence the name.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself."
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments”

Matthew 22:37-40

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Again, why doesn't their god keep all his followers on the same page? He should let these Kenyans know that the witch burning fad was phased out a few hundred years ago and they have now moved on to plan 5.35b. Keep up people!
edit on 25-6-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

Follow the money o easily fooled one. The witch burning had nothing to do with religion.
TPTB wanted to clear the way for the AMA and get rid of all the competition treating people at the time. Mostly midwives, shamans and tribal medicine men. They made sure no one practiced medicine on anyone without the required medical license that said you were in the club and one of the good 'ol boys.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I know this doesn't speak for all Christians even tho
I am not fond of religion. This is one of the most
horrible scenes I have seen in a long time, cruely
and torture in the name of God! I hope they get
their just desserts - roasting in hell if there is a
hell.

It's a double edges sword isn't it? Oh no there isn't a hell according to (sane) people. No, no punishment ever for any evil whatsoever. Divine justice? of course not.

You hope they get their just desserts because of justice God put in your heart. And they will.

But as for the OP video. It's disgusting, and to be honest, They aren't Christian, because it's not what god taught. God said spread the Gospel and whoever doesn't wanna hear it (leave their presence) and let God deal with them when they die.

He said pray for them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

It is what is taught.

The Pope also insisted that condoms were worse than aids; the churches have a habit of preaching abhorrent dogma, and then performing a U-Turn when they realise they were wrong; while they can argue that the Atheist or the non-religious undertake sloppy moral relativism; hypocrisy?
edit on 26-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

It is what is taught.

The Pope also insisted that condoms were worse than aids; the churches have a habit of preaching abhorrent dogma, and then performing a U-Turn when they realise they were wrong; while they can argue that the Atheist or the non-religious undertake sloppy moral relativism; hypocrisy?

No no man. What Pope said that? He may of meant condoms are worse than aids in the sense that they are wasting semen for a pointless orgasm.

And it's not what was taught. Those passages were from the OT. Back then Witchcraft was very evil. They would set magical spells on the tribes of Israel and they were into all types of evil black magic. it wasn't peaches and cream witchcraft you see today.

If there is that. Hell, they still practice all sorts of black magic because I used to have that type of mindset, I know what goes on in that World.

So God in those instances in the OT ordained them to die since he knows their heart and they were dangerous to the tribes of Israel.

God clearly says in the NT: To preach the Gospel and if they didn't want to hear. leave their presence and let God deal with them. BUT, pray for them from afar. To never give up on souls.

That's what God taught. To love our enemies.

peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No no man. What Pope said that?

Research it. I'm sure there can't have been that many Popes since the invention of condoms.

He may of meant condoms are worse than aids in the sense that they are wasting semen for a pointless orgasm.

No he didn't mean that at all; that's just your opinion ("wasting" LOL) The Pope stated it worsened the aids crisis. Of course he had to do a "U-Turn" because people were outraged, and it was obviously retarded, and backwards.

Abstinence prevents pregnancy
Faith to your spouse prevents pregnancy

but SO DO CONDOMS.

A cunning tactic to ensure Catholic growth too. And as we all know; religious doctrine is obsessed with sex; and telling people what's "righteous" or what is not.

And it's not what was taught.

Yes it was.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

All you have to do is research before posting.

Back then Witchcraft was very evil.

it wasn't peaches and cream witchcraft you see today.

This type of superstition comes from an age when they didn't have scientific explanations; and they really would believe their neighbours were "cursing" them. This of course, as many would admit; IS RETARDED.

I don't know what you mean by "peaches and cream" witchcraft. Do You mean magic tricks? LOL.

If there is that. Hell, they still practice all sorts of black magic because I used to have that type of mindset, I know what goes on in that World.

OK.

So God in those instances in the OT ordained them to die since he knows their heart and they were dangerous to the tribes of Israel.

Well that's another extraordinary claim; it's nearly as extraordinary as the claim that God intervenes in geological events.

God clearly says in the NT: To preach the Gospel and if they didn't want to hear. leave their presence and let God deal with them.

"deal with them". Again; that's a claim that God exists; and that God intervenes in human affairs.

That's what God taught. To love our enemies

That's what Jesus taught actually; and i don't think that's a wise approach to take with an enemy who is DEAD SET on destroying you.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

No no man. What Pope said that?

Research it. I'm sure there can't have been that many Popes since the invention of condoms.

Well that tells me you got that from a website without knowing the full quote yourself. Nonetheless, I'm a sedevacantist. I don't believe vatican two was a legit council.

He may of meant condoms are worse than aids in the sense that they are wasting semen for a pointless orgasm.

No he didn't mean that at all; that's just your opinion ("wasting" LOL) The Pope stated it worsened the aids crisis. Of course he had to do a "U-Turn" because people were outraged, and it was obviously retarded, and backwards.

Abstinence prevents pregnancy
Faith to your spouse prevents pregnancy

but SO DO CONDOMS.

A cunning tactic to ensure Catholic growth too. And as we all know; religious doctrine is obsessed with sex; and telling people what's "righteous" or what is not.
What? what's wrong with growth on any level? So a baby shouldn't have the right to be born? people with aids shouldn't have sex period. I'll have to read what he said because I don't follow the popes like I should.

And it's not what was taught.

Yes it was.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

All you have to do is research before posting.
You saying I don't do research? lol, yea witchraft is evil. I believe it is. Does it mean God said kill them in the NT? no. He didn't. Maybee if ones were trying to harm the Church during the middle ages or when the Church was beggining to flourish, but, God specifically said to pray for their conversion, not kill them.

Back then Witchcraft was very evil.

it wasn't peaches and cream witchcraft you see today.

This type of superstition comes from an age when they didn't have scientific explanations; and they really would believe their neighbours were "cursing" them. This of course, as many would admit; IS RETARDED.

I don't know what you mean by "peaches and cream" witchcraft. Do You mean magic tricks? LOL.
Well from a mind that doesn't believe in the supernatural. Ofcourse is retarded. But the way Satan works with certain souls involved in witchcraft, is remarkable. The power is real.

OK.

Well that's another extraordinary claim; it's nearly as extraordinary as the claim that God intervenes in geological events.

God clearly says in the NT: To preach the Gospel and if they didn't want to hear. leave their presence and let God deal with them.

"deal with them". Again; that's a claim that God exists; and that God intervenes in human affairs.

Afterlife. It is a claim. So what.

That's what God taught. To love our enemies

That's what Jesus taught actually; and i don't think that's a wise approach to take with an enemy who is DEAD SET on destroying you.

Peace.

I think it is because death happens to everyone. His teachings were eternally. They can't kill the body twice. So it's best to pray for that soul (your enemy) and maybee through grace God would soften their heart if they chose to accept the grace. never give up on anyone. if you keep going back and forth with your enemies, when does the fighting stop? never. It's a cycle that continues. peace.
edit on 26-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is not because they are Christians.
It's because they are Kenyans.
They just arn't socially advanced enough to know how to act and think.
Maybe unPC, but true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join