It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifted Earth axis from Quakes Causing Flooding in US and Elsewhere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So am just asking a serious question for a very important topic. Something that is affecting us today and is misplacing thousands of Americans, that are now indeed homeless.

I was doing some research and thought how odd it was that after the Japan Quake we have major flooding around the world. In the US we are being told all this flooding is caused by a lot of rain up north and Canada blah blah. Now calculations also indicate the Japan quake should have shifted the position of the Earth's figure axis by about 17 cm (6.69 in), towards 133 degrees east, Would this not misplace a bunch of water from one place to another? It would move slowly since the Shifts on the earth was minimal but enough to move a large body of water. Think about it in smaller terms. When there is water on a surface and that surface is tilted or moved the water will also move. So the earth as it tilts and moves it is logical that water would move with it. I ask this question since am no expert in the subject, I have just done some research online which we all know could be flawed at times. Any thoughts?

I don't think i need to put any links since am just asking a ques and I think it's Common Knowledge now that The Quake in Chile And Japan shifted Earth’s axis.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Warhacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Maybe but where do you suppose this water is coming from? Below ground.. Lakes?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Well there is no doubt that the extreme weather and rain has a big role in this but i would speculate that the water is is just moving and coming to rest on new land. Most homes in Minot,ND are gonna be submerged for months if not forever since the army corp if engineers are saying the water is not gonna recede any time soon. Same scenario for all the flooding around the Mississippi.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Warhacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I once worked for an IT director for a major cable company. He was firmly convinced of two things -- one rivers flow to the equator because it is down hill and that oil refineries were near the ocean because oil couldn't be pumped uphill, He was also an evangelist, a republican and virulent gun nut. Good AS 400 guy --

Otherwise. The earth has not moved and water is sloshing out of river beds -- record snows are melting record rains are raining -- blame gobal climate change

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Warhacks

There's major flooding every year. If anything there's currently less than usual for the time of year.

It's down to local prevailing weather conditions. Not earthquakes.

top topics

join