It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmakers AWOL For Vote On TSA Groping Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Texas Lawmakers AWOL For Vote On TSA Groping Bill

www.infowars.com

5:21PM CST UPDATE: It’s now apparent that the primary culprit behind the fact that lawmakers failed to show up for the vote was none other than Republican Speaker of the House Joe Straus, who labeled the bill “nothing more than an ill-advised publicity stunt,” despite the fact that it merely sought to reinforce language already present in the 4th amendment. The Texas Tribune reports that Straus approached the bill’s primary sponsor Rep. David Simpson earlier this week and insisted that language pertaining to “private parts” be removed from the legislation altogether, which would ha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
And here we go. If threats arent enough to get the job done, well... just act as if it simply doesnt exist. An ill advised publicity stunt? Are you serious?!

The TSA needs to not only be restricted, but in my oppinion, completely dismantled. How many more children need to be sexually assaulted in the name of "security" until these perverts get out of the airports? How many more mentality challenged people need to have their rights violated by ignorant powertripping drop outs until the American people say no more? Do we wait until they're in the schools, churches and restaurants?

Im so sick of spineless politicians that refuse to have a voice for themselves. Can we not have just one person stand up and defend the oath they took to the constitution? Can we not have one person refuse to be paid off to be silent? Is that really so much to ask of you? To simply do your job?!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
People, we elect nothing but cowards. Not just Texas, who will give lip service to protecting the People while still bending over for Uncle Sam.

but in the US House of Reps, where they will talk about how Obama violated the War Power Act, but will not show the stones to defund the war they are criticizing Obama for.

That is how it works. You don't like the war, you close the checkbook. Thus, they should be the voice of the people. But they are f#ing cowards.

I am sad to say we have the same here in Texas.

I am ashamed of the nation of cowards that we have become.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's as they almost enjoy the whole thing. It gives them a power trip Saying it is ill advised publicity stunt, is pretty absurd. Anything to validate what goes against them to be dismissed.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
People, we elect nothing but cowards. Not just Texas, who will give lip service to protecting the People while still bending over for Uncle Sam.

but in the US House of Reps, where they will talk about how Obama violated the War Power Act, but will not show the stones to defund the war they are criticizing Obama for.

That is how it works. You don't like the war, you close the checkbook. Thus, they should be the voice of the people. But they are f#ing cowards.

I am sad to say we have the same here in Texas.

I am ashamed of the nation of cowards that we have become.

I couldnt agree more.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Can't say that I saw this going any other way. I really am beginning to feel stupid for caring when any news comes from the politicos. It is all b.s. its all fake. They did this just to expose the supporters of privacy and it didnmt work. Nobody is going to take up for the people, except for the people. And its going to take a lot of loss to move the people. Oh well. Just more crap.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I dont even think any laws a state passes concerning TSA would even be valid. Dont get me wrong they annoy the crap out of me, but they are not comissioned law enforcement, which means they are not subject to 42 USC 1983, which means they are not comitting any civil rights violations.

Airports are governed by Federal Regulation in addition to State. Since Federal Law prescribes the manner in which TSA Officers operate, so any State Law passed would be in conflict.

As far as the lawmakers not showing up.... Republican.... Democract...

One sucks, the other blows.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
I dont even think any laws a state passes concerning TSA would even be valid. Dont get me wrong they annoy the crap out of me, but they are not comissioned law enforcement, which means they are not subject to 42 USC 1983, which means they are not comitting any civil rights violations.

Airports are governed by Federal Regulation in addition to State. Since Federal Law prescribes the manner in which TSA Officers operate, so any State Law passed would be in conflict.

As far as the lawmakers not showing up.... Republican.... Democract...

One sucks, the other blows.

Does the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution apply here or not?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am ashamed of my congress. They could have paved the way for other states to do the same thing with a show of force. They're a bunch of pansies and don't deserve the moniker of "Texan".

/TOA

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The Texas lawmakers are well known for pulling the "Runaway Bride" trick, heading to New Mexico when they don't want to vote. It is usually partisan crap.

But I am becoming more and more disgruntled at the lack of accurate representation. I manage people for a living, and my performance rating of our government at a state level is, overall, about a 5. Just good enough to keep me from taking up arms.

But I will not tolerate this cowardice. That absolutely does not represent me. Not one bit.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't always see these issues and those lame, do-nothing politicians as being cowardly....I see it more along the lines of who the SELL-OUTS are! And I haven't really found any hold-outs, as of late.
Federal law does not trump state sovereignty or OUR constitution! This tyranny will only get worse until We the People fight back, en mass.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
But they're doing it "for our protection"
jk jk

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

I would rather give them the benefit of the doubt and just think of them as cowards, rather than back stabbing money grubbers.

top topics

join