It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with McCain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What is John McCain's problem exactly? I thought he was supposed to be honest, scrupulous, and all that jazz.

After all the Bush camp did to him during the 2000 election he's going to be paraded around by them. After they suggested that he's nuts from his years in Vietnam. After they trashed his wife. After they tried to hurt him by saying he had a BLACK baby.

Now the same people that attacked him in 2000 (swiftboat morons) are doing the same thing to Kerry on behalf of the same man. He's obviously pissed about it, but that's about it.

McCain has been highly critical of this administration and what their doing to the Republican party and the country. Yet, he's still going to be used by them. He's going to work for Bush's re-election and be paraded around like a......well, I've got to say it...like a bitch.

Is party loyalty more important than his own values and stance on the issues?

I think Mike Malloy put it nicely on his program tonight: How can he stand to be on the same stage with the man who was snorting coke and dancing on tables naked at the same time McCain having his arms pulled out of their sockets in the Hanoi Hilton? Then decades later the man's campaign is going to trash him for being a POW.

[edit on 8/10/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
They're blackmailing him! I don't know what with, and it's just a boundless theory, but hey, it would definitely explain his actions..

-Attero

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Lets not forget that former President Bush before he became VP an later president was the head of the CIA.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
They're blackmailing him! I don't know what with, and it's just a boundless theory, but hey, it would definitely explain his actions..

-Attero

Hell, I HOPE that's the reason. I used to repect the man... What he's doing just doesn't seem like something McCain (supposedly Mr. honest) would do.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
McCain (and Powell, for that matter) are soldiers. They value loyalty very highly (even when, in my opinion, it's not warranted). That's my two cents.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
McCain (and Powell, for that matter) are soldiers. They value loyalty very highly (even when, in my opinion, it's not warranted). That's my two cents.

-koji K.

You got it exactly right. McCain is a party man, whether he likes what the party is doing or not. He isn't the kind of guy who jumps ship over a little thing like being publicly pants down flogged by a frat boy who's daddy has connections.

Then again, maybe he's the Manchurian candidate, and he's just trying to get close enough to Bush!

Personally, I don't like what McCain is doing, but I think for him, he thinks it's the right thing to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Bill Maher had an interesting New Rule on his show last Friday: Don't make guys who hate you hug you.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Politicians had to put their difference aside so to keep their parties unified, even if McCain hates bush guts he still have to put a nice friendly front for the Republican Party sake.

I can imagine what McCain feels whenever he looks at bush, he must be thinking (what an idiot)

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I must admit In the First Primary I Voted for McCain I Think he is a great guy and I think what he is doing now is a matter of PARTY LOYALTY and MAYBE the lesser of the 2 evils

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think McCain just puts on a face like every other politician. McCains role is to be the supposed "honest guy" that the public can relate to, but continues to support things that just defile his very nature. I wouldn't doubt if GW Bush and McCain have had all of this planned all along...of course I could be wrong...maybe these Rich, White, Republican Men actually do care about us........

NAH!

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
MCCain may still have presidential ambitions. He may be bucking for the parties support in 2008. Cheney will not be allowed to run Bush will be out. He is a good candidate. Ive said it beofre Ill say it again: Despite thier age, McCain / Powell may happen in 2004

new topics

top topics

join