It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I will never understand why gays want to get married so badly. Marriage is a practice originated from religion. If you're not part of/in accordance of the religion, why should you get the same benefits as those who are? This is like demanding to be able to use a golf course in a country club without you having to become a member or pay any fees, and all for what, equality?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My religion distinctly reveres self-love as the primary tenet of the faith. Therefore, in order to have my freedom of religion not hindered by the state, or to be discriminated against, I hereby demand the right to marry myself and be entitled to all rights and benefits of any married couple... especially the tax deduction.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by goodday123
post removed by staff

Ever watch "Three's Company"?
]

I wish every state would adopt a "marry the person you love" policy. Then we could keep the federal government out of it. They don't need to put their filthy paws on our personal lives.

/TOA
edit on Sat Jun 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I wish every state would adopt a "marry the person you love" policy. Then we could keep the federal government out of it. They don't need to put their filthy paws on our personal lives.

/TOA

Well at least you're not being a hypocrite. So you would endorse polygamy and incest as well as gay marriage? Self marriage?
edit on Sat Jun 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: large quote edited

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is only matter time before hits Washington State

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goodday123

Who are we to stop them?

Second line.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephJohnson
I will never understand why gays want to get married so badly. Marriage is a practice originated from religion. If you're not part of/in accordance of the religion, why should you get the same benefits as those who are? This is like demanding to be able to use a golf course in a country club without you having to become a member or pay any fees, and all for what, equality?

Really, you cannot understand why someone would want legal rights as a spouse? Think about it-- for the same reasons a heterosexual couple would also become legally married. My husband and I didn't marry for some ridiculous religiously required reason, we married in a simple generic courthouse "ceremony" because we love each other, and are committed to each other. The benefits of the marriage license were including, but not limited to, so we could have those marital legal rights with each other, and as a legally married couple. Tax breaks, medical rights, estate rights if it comes to those, and countless others. Not to please some silly celestial boogieman, or appease society at large, et al. How is this difficult to wrap your mind around with gay couples seeking those rights?

And gays will indeed pay for entry into the Marriage Club. It's called License Fees. Everyone pays to get into this club, buddy.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I will never understand why Americans are having such a hard time legalizing liberty in the nation of liberty. Why should this even be a big deal?

As long as it's two consenting adults and not incest there should be no problems here..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Um...Really?

Having sex with family members is wrong for many reasons. Not the least of which is genetic mutations.

I don't have to explain why sex with animals is wrong.

Are you saying gay people getting married is equal to having sex with animals and family members? 'cause I don't follow that logic.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My point was because the meaning of marriage is diluted, no one will take it seriously. Thus no one will stay together to raise kids properly because they have no bonds, and as others were pointing out, the break down of society. One of the major differences in liberal versus conservative thought is short-term versus long-term thinking. A liberal will take this news and say "Wow good for them, it's about time! Everybody should be happy!" While a conservative minded person will say "Hmm, how does this affect society in the long run?" We are already in the 50% divorce range because of new media influences, this will make it worse. Step back and think about it for a few minutes instead of going for excited emotional reactions.

reply to post by Annee

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Having sex with family members is wrong for many reasons. Not the least of which is genetic mutations.

If I have sex with my sister I will turn into Wolverine?

I don't have to explain why sex with animals is wrong.

What makes it wrong though? Most of the arguments against it are extremely weak and mostly based off of religious text.

Are you saying gay people getting married is equal to having sex with animals and family members?

Not at all, I was just asking a question.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join