It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurocalypse Cometh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There's plenty of articles, commentary and dear i say, fear mongering, among very legitimate concerns in my opinion, around the Eurozone crisis emerging across various media sources. I'm just going to cite a few articles here for reference.

Eurocalypse Cometh!

The Anatomy of a Serial European Banking Collapse

Why Austerity Doesn't Matter: Greece is Still Going to Default

European Banks Scrambling to Prevent Default by Greece

The U.S. is too big to fall, right? Commentary: No one knows who will be hurt if Greece defaults.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
if you could summerize each one a bit and tell us what your point is.. would be much better than just posting a bunch of links
edit on 24/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

From one of your sources this statement in particular is what gets me thinking that not only did everyone in the know realize this would eventually happen, they actually played us for fools as we walked right into the buzz saw that is about to be revealed.

“Greece and a number of other European countries cannot repay their debt. In fact they will never be able to repay their debt under current conditions because their economies are not competitive globally,” banking analyst Dick Bove at Rochdale Securities wrote in an analysis. “Therefore, these countries must, and in my judgment will, repudiate their debt.”

Why Austerity Doesn't Matter: Greece Is Still Going to Default

If there was ever a situation where the term "Financial Armageddon" fit I think this would be it. If countries in the Eurozone start to default on their debt one by one, you will see a situation unfold in the financial sector that will make the great depression look like a walk in the park. You will see an immediate grinding halt on not only short term lending, but all lending.
edit on 6/24/2011 by SpaDe_ because: things

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My point is that there is growing chorus of concerns and alarm bells evidenced in the media about a forthcoming Eurozone crisis and so just referenced some articles for further reading. I guess with this thread I am merely citing the opinions, assessments and speculations of others, rather than my own.

Personally, I think one day and not too far in the distant future, the house of cards will come tumbling down and we will see a collapse of the current world financial system and a new international economic order takes it place, in the form of a new world order with a global government, banking and finance systems of sorts. I believe what we are seeing now, in Europe and elsewhere, are the beginnings and the unraveling of the current financial and economic systems in place, to bring about a new, and indeed, fresh system operating under the auspices of a global government. Hence my interest in world economics and the current crises in Europe and abroad.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Athens flat out refuses to play ball and to bow to these douchewads and look at what's occuring there.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Boycott. Simple as that.

new topics

top topics

join