It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush�s mental stability hangs on drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This could explain why he stumbles on his speeches, and his inability to make rational decisions. This seems to be common practice to advertise such issues. For example it is interesting to point out that on the history channel, they also constantly examine Hitlers condition, accusing him of Alzheimers, which they attributed to him holding his left arm with his right hand.

President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President�s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

�It�s a double-edged sword,� says one aide. �We can�t have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.�

For the rest of the article
Original News-Source:www.capitolhillblue.com...

also an interesting quote from the article:
�Keep those mother#ers away from me,� he screamed at an aide backstage. �If you can�t, I�ll find someone who can.�
  • George Bush, obviously a fan of rap music: a wannabe gangsta roflmao

• posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:53 PM
    link   
    I believe that presidents are so stress out that they can snap and have to use prescribe drugs to help them with every day demanding duties of being a president, they are human after all.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:19 PM
    link   
    wow, very interesting. and this is a legitimate source? i'm not familiar with it. i wonder why this isn't a bigger issue or i guess more widely looked at. thanks for the info. are there any other sources or news that is talking about this?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:37 AM
    link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
    wow, very interesting. and this is a legitimate source? i'm not familiar with it. i wonder why this isn't a bigger issue or i guess more widely looked at. thanks for the info. are there any other sources or news that is talking about this?

Yes there are other sources
    www.sf.indymedia.org...
    www.washingtonmonthly.com...

according to someone who read the book
    Book link
    Among the other subjects Frank explores: Among the other subjects Frank explores:
  • Bush's false sense of omnipotence, instilled within him during childhood and emboldened by his deep investment in fundamentalist religion
  • The president's history of untreated alcohol abuse, and the questions it raises about denial, impairment, and the enabling streak in our culture
  • The growing anecdotal evidence that Bush may suffer from dyslexia, ADHD, and other thought disorders
  • His comfort living outside the law, defying international law in his presidency as boldly as he once defied DUI statutes and military reporting requirements
  • His love-hate relationship with his father, and how it triggered a complex and dangerous mix of feelings including yearning, rivalry, anger, and sadism
  • Bush's rigid and simplistic thought patterns, paranoia, and megalomania -- and how they have driven him to invent adversaries so that he can destroy them

• posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:03 AM
    link   
    Didn't some threads on this topic get closed by the Mods before ? Just because a newspaper writes something doesn't make it true. Can they find the doctor that gave bush the pills?...can they find the aid that he allegedly screamed too?... can they find anything that proves their claim no they cant! If the man is stressed out I don't blame him with all of his duties it would be hard on anyone. Since when is it our business about how the president handles his stress.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:07 AM
    link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
    Since when is it our business about how the president handles his stress.

I seem to remember the Rep's and K. Starr being very interested in how Clinton dealt with his stress.

top topics

join