It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads Up! New Asteroid 2011MD (Close Encounter on June 27)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Anybody else hear anything about this? Just noticed it in my latest youtube subscriptions and wanted to get the word out as quickly as I could. Going to try and dig up some more info for confirmation but 7.5k miles away....I think that is a tad too close for my comfort

The youtube poster states:

Youtuber jcattera:

A newly discovered asteroid, (2011MD), which is going to have a very close encounter with Earth on June 27, 2011, will only be 7,500 miles away! I'm also hearing various reports that the size is much bigger in size(10x's) than the 13meters which is listed on Spaceweather.com.

Spaceweather.com says it will pass over the South Atlantic Ocean and near Antarctica. So, I'm drawing an imaginary line between Antarctica to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. If it hits the ocean in the Atlantic, we could have a tsunami hitting the East coast of the US, or Europe. This would depend on the angle it's coming in at. This could be the reason why our military is having a drill on East Coast from the Virgina Coast down to Florida Coast right now.

Something must be changing the paths and destabilizing these asteroids. We're on an increasing trend of close approach asteroids this year. Most of these asteroids reside in the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars.

World defenseless against unknown, alien cloud~

Terrified scientists at NASA discovered on July 14, 2010 that our system is passing through an interstellar energy cloud. This highly energized, electrified cloud of gas is disturbing and disrupting the sun. In conjunction with Earth's weakening and moving magnetic shield, the world is becoming defenseless against massive solar flares and intense radiation.

NASA, the ESA and the National Academy of Science have issued an unprecedented solar storm warning. But what NASA and the federal government are hiding, according to Demetriev, is that the sun—and everything in our solar system—has plunged into an alien, unknown photon cloud...a belt of danger that could precipitate gigantic solar explosions, magnetic anomalies, careening cometary masses and destabilize the orbits of some asteroids.

Entire solar system at risk~

Dr. Demetriev has revealed that both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 probes report that the entire solar system is at risk. Worse, Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University says this interstellar energy cloud is unstable and turbulent. The Russian scientist further claims this cloud of energy is exciting the atmospheres of our planets and especially our sun. As this interstellar energy cloud continues to excite/charge the sun, it causes the sun to become more active, resulting in greater output from the sun.

Some NASA/JPL links:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Spaceweather.com states:

ASTEROID FLYBY: Newly-discovered asteroid 2011 MD will pass only 12,000 kilometers (7,500 miles) above Earth's surface on Monday June 27 at about 9:30 a.m. EDT. NASA analysts say there is no chance the space rock will strike Earth. Nevertheless, the encounter is so close that Earth's gravity will sharply alter the asteroid's trajectory:

At closest approach, 2011 MD will pass in broad daylight over the southern Atlantic Ocean near the coast of Antarctica. As the asteroid recedes from Earth, it will pass through the zone of geosynchronous satellites. The chances of a collision with a satellite or manmade space junk are extremely small, albeit not zero.

Judging from the brightness of the asteroid, it measures only 5 to 20 meters in diameter. According to JPL's Near Earth Object Program office, one would expect an object of this size to come this close to Earth about every 6 years on average. For a brief time, it will be bright enough to be seen even with a medium-sized backyard telescope.

Link: www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry bud Its already been posted here. use that search bar thingy. haha
Better luck next time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Sorry bud Its already been posted here. use that search bar thingy. haha
Better luck next time.

Oh damn...I guess in my haste to get this out I only scanned down the Fragile Earth discussion board and didn't see it listed (in the title anyways). My bad...should have known better I guess. Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yeah but this post looks way better than the one I did... so kudos for artistic posting. I just wanted to get my first post on something, and didn't put anywhere near the fancy goodies in that you did

Also, I put mine in Skunkworks, since it was my first post, that's why you didn't see it when you looked.
edit on 24-6-2011 by D4nny because: add

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw this on the local news last night. It was presented by the weatherman of all people. He said the reaason that TPTB didn't tell us about it earlier is that they just "didn't see it coming." "Very disturbing", is what the 2 anchors said after he finished his report.

I concur, very disturbing. I smell a rat........

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Please join the existing thread on this topic which can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

top topics

join