It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Flying Saucer Day! Celebrating UFOs & Extraterrestrials For Us UFO Kooks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Happy Flying Saucer Day! Celebrating UFOs & Extraterrestrials For Us UFO Kooks!

For the full story exm.nr

Today is being celebrated as a holiday called Flying Saucer Day. Celebrating UFOs in our culture and history. First I've heard of this but hey I dig it since I'm a UFO kook like the next dude. So let us celebrate this wonderfully weird holiday today on June 24th by back tracking through history and learning the facts about the history of UFOs. On June 24, 1947, an amateur pilot named Kenneth Arnold was flying a small plane near Mount Rainier in Washington state when he saw something extraordinarily strange. Directly to his left and about 20 to 25 miles north of him and at the same altitude he saw a chain of nine objects that shot across the sky whilst glinting in the sun as they traveled.
(visit the link for the full news article at)

Related News Links:
exm.nr
edit on 24-6-2011 by ReverendPritchett because: fixed the link

edit on 24-6-2011 by ReverendPritchett because: add more info

edit on 24-6-2011 by ReverendPritchett because: edited for better info

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Happy Flying Saucer Day Today on June 24th! Find out more about the history of Flying Saucer Day by reading this article. I just found out about this holiday today I didn't even realize it existed honestly. Fascinating history behind UFOs for sure. Funny how the term flying saucer was mistakenly messed up by a reporter when the objects were not even saucer shaped to begin with. I guess I like this holiday better than most other holidays except Halloween of course.

exm.nr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

Where I live is a local holiday, not because of UFOs but because it's St. John's day, so we always get our celebrations, even if we don't see any UFOs.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
YAY! Happy UFO day, everyone !
First time I ever heard about it, honestly . . .

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Never heard of it before, but it's at least as good a reasonf to celebrate as any! and just to keep in the spirit of both St John's Day and Flying Saucer day I'm gonna get out on my mountain bike this night and check out the blazing stars and maybe catch a peek at something else up in the skies !

top topics

join