It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heliplots seem to be going wild. Someone interpret what I'm seeing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Let me say up front that I am not a seismologist. I do wish I knew more though and sometimes I monitor certain sites.

Usually there is a little activity in a couple of places, but today, the live seismic server seems to be really showing a lot of serious stuff on the heliplots. Here's the link

USGS is not reporting any eq's in these areas above 2.5 mag USGS

Is this to be expected after the 7.2 Alaska quake last night? Can someone interpret what is happening? The one located in OAK Ridge, Mass shows some activity.

With all the flooding and the situation at a couple of dams, I see that several are active along the NMF line. Look at the one in Black Hills, South Dakota too. The South Pacific, Russia, etc are active. The whole world seems to be shaking.

With all the flooding going in, some people have commented in the past day about HAARP's being active. I'm not saying there's a connection but some people will point one out anyway, so here's a link to an Earthwatch monitoring site that seems to show some activity there. link here

Your informed comments would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'm no expert on the subject either, but in my opinion, those readings don't look to calm.. haha

I'm interested to see what someone with more knowledge on the matter has to say

thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You are seeing the effects from the earthquake in Alaska and its series of aftershocks. I am not a seismologist, but the graphs look like this every time there is a large earthquake.
edit on 24-6-2011 by PacificBlue because: grammar

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
what your looking at is all of the GLOBAL quakes going on , the big ones and the small ones also you got your s waves and p waves of these same quakes which EVERY graph picks up ...

please see my thread on this exact subject , thanks ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For where I am it's showing lots of black but we ain't had no earthquake.

Geiger counter has around 16 uR/hr radiation and pointed at the ground I've got 25 uR/hr. Recently rained. Guess it's a little fallout from Japan.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Thank you for the link to your thread. Many people do not know how to read a seismograph, and your explanation is easy to understand and very helpful.
edit on 24-6-2011 by PacificBlue because: spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry Alysha, but are you trying to be flippant or dismissive of me, or derail this thread? Your thread clearly states your annoyance with people who post about EQs. Not trying to pick a fight here though. To each his own.

You have some graphs on your thread that show recalibration and small EQs, but you do not define what a 'p' and 's' wave are, nor does it explain what we are seeing in the heliplots exactly. If you want to teach, I am keen to learn more.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

I'm sorry Alysha, but are you trying to be flippant or dismissive of me, or derail this thread? Your thread clearly states your annoyance with people who post about EQs. Not trying to pick a fight here though. To each his own.

You have some graphs on your thread that show recalibration and small EQs, but you do not define what a 'p' and 's' wave are, nor does it explain what we are seeing in the heliplots exactly. If you want to teach, I am keen to learn more.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

here is a direct link to a very informative page on the usgs site which explains better then i can..

top topics

join