It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President "misspeaks" again, but no one cares.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

...First time I saw 10th Mountain Division, you guys were in southern Iraq. When I went back to visit Afghanistan, you guys were the first ones there. I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."
Full Story

Problem is, Jared Monti was killed in action in June of 2006, before Obama was president!! So where’s the public outcry? Where are the throngs of people and politicians and celebrities to heckle the president for is ignorance. I mean, come on folks, Palin gets bashed for her mistakes, and she's a no-body. This guy is your president. He's not suppose to make mistakes.

I suppose it's okay, knowing Obama, he'll just have his people go back and create a new death certificate for this soldier.

edit on 6/24/2011 by amaster because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
This guy is your president. He's not suppose to make mistakes.

Excuse me? Where in Earth did you get that idea? ALL human beings make mistakes. Obama is not a robot or some infallible being... He's HUMAN and therefore makes mistakes. I don't know where you get the idea that a president is immune from mistakes, but clearly you've been misinformed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

He's not suppose to make mistakes.

How ridiculous... He's human. Humans make mistakes. Calling for others to criticize him over this is just childish, IMO. Pure and simple.

At the very least think of a better reason to criticize him.

edit on 24-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Obama made a mistake because he's so perfect and wonderful and dreamy and great and wonderful that he just doesn't want to show off how wonderful and dreamy and great and super he actually is.

Bush, he was a fracking idiot!

Just a brief illustration of how this thread will go.
S+F though for bringing it up!

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Excuse me? Where in Earth did you get that idea? ALL human beings make mistakes. Obama is not a robot or some infallible being... He's HUMAN and therefore makes mistakes. I don't know where you get the idea that a president is immune from mistakes, but clearly you've been misinformed.

The OP's point is if a Republican President would have made that blunder it would be all over The View, The Daily Show, Huffington Post, Good Morning America, etc. But since a Democrat President made the BLUNDER they will all ignore it. Only Fox and right wing radio will report it. Which by the way is probably why they have record ratings and viewer/listenership these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Obama is not a robot or some infallible being...

Many people on this site would disagree. In fact many would go as far as saying he is a cloned individual that was created in order to dominate the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It was sarcasim.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You guys are unbelievable. He's human and makes mistakes? Why don't you apply that to everyone then, and quit bashing Sarah Palin?#ing hypocrites.
edit on 24-6-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

There probably wasn't an out cry because most people didn't really know who he was talking about. Whoever gave him his information must have gotten the names mixed up. On the other hand Sarah Palin is always messing up with common knowledge like the midnight ride of Paul Revere. Then doesn't have the good sense to admit she is wrong and people in her camp are so determnined to cover up her stupidity they try to rewrite history.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I hear ya' ... he's not supposed to be making so many stuuuuuuuuuuuupid mistakes. And the press and the lefties bashed the hell out of Bush when he made goofy errors but they totally ignore the many ones made by Obama.

His staff and handlers aren't feeding 'the one' very good info to read from his teleprompter.
They screw up a lot.

When Palin speaks, they twist her words or dig deep to find errors but Obama gets a free pass.
(just a bunch of 'haters' - to use their favorite absurdity
)
I hear ya. Nothing you can do about it though.
When you bring it up people will refuse to acknowledge their own hypocrisy.
edit on 6/24/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed word

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, this isn't a mistake at all, he was being a good puppet and read exactly what he was suppose to. Why would the guy spend time fact checking what happens in his own life?

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The OP's point is if a Republican President would have made that blunder it would be all over The View, The Daily Show, Huffington Post, Good Morning America, etc. But since a Democrat President made the BLUNDER they will all ignore it. Only Fox and right wing radio will report it. Which by the way is probably why they have record ratings and viewer/listenership these days.

Only the most watched "News" channel and all of AM radio? Is that the only place you will hear Obama misspoke? And this is worth crying over because? Get yourself some more tv shows then. Maybe if Republicans were more entertaining, they would have more shows to get all excited over this kind of insane petty bull#.

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The OP's point is if a Republican President would have made that blunder it would be all over The View, The Daily Show, Huffington Post, Good Morning America, etc.

The OP says it was sarcasm.

And if you haven't seen the MANY YouTube videos and articles about Obama's mistakes, then you're not paying attention.
There are plenty of people who make fun of presidents' mistakes.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I would argue that he is a robot, considering that he reads everything from a teleprompter and clearly doesn't have any knowledge of what he is talking about.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

But if he reads everything from a teleprompter, how did he make a mistake?

So the fault lies on whoever wrote the speech into the teleprompter then?

Which means Obama didn't make a mistake...?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Many people on this site would disagree. In fact many would go as far as saying he is a cloned individual that was created in order to dominate the world.

Yeah... Um... Yeah.
I don't really read those posts.

reply to post by amaster

Sorry. I thought you were serious about that.

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I would argue that he is a robot, considering that he reads everything from a teleprompter and clearly doesn't have any knowledge of what he is talking about.

Yeah... Um. OK.
His remarks weren't prepared and he didn't read them from a teleprompter. He simply made a mistake.

edit on 6/24/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by amaster

There probably wasn't an out cry because most people didn't really know who he was talking about. Whoever gave him his information must have gotten the names mixed up. On the other hand Sarah Palin is always messing up with common knowledge like the midnight ride of Paul Revere. Then doesn't have the good sense to admit she is wrong and people in her camp are so determnined to cover up her stupidity they try to rewrite history.

Jared Monti was a member of the 10th Mountain Division. Obama was addressing the 10th Mountain Division. They knew who he was talking about. Obama personally presented the Medal of Honor to Monti's parents in 2009, three years after he was KIA. It was a blatant display of his ignorance. Stop making excuses for him.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well, he's not getting my vote this year.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
We have to admit, it was front page news when Dan Quayle couldn't spell the word 'potato' to suit his opponents in the media.

Even when the dictionary lists the spelling that he used, 'potatoe' as acceptable.

Do any members remember that? He was bashed for 'miss-spelling' a word..... when in reality it wasn't even miss-spelled.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

According to the article:

I contacted the White House to see what happened. I'm told the President didn't have prepared remarks.

Which leads me to believe he forgot his teleprompter at home. This is probably a good reason why he always has to use one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join