It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too big too fail...is it acurate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
IMDB link

This link will connect you with the movie I am talking about. I watched the movie and thought it to be very interesting. It tells and explain to us how this economic crisis started and almost caused an other 1928 economic disaster. I didn't know that the US government held the banks responsible and forced them to pay up for the crisis they caused. The last few scenes where Paulson is expecting (with doubt) that the banks will use the bail-out money for the people is also worth thinking about.

The banks assumed that the house market would never fail and everybody was making big money of it....nobody was interested in legislation and protecting the consumer from himself.

Because I do not much know about financial markets I wonder if the movie really tells the true story. And as an other person commented.....what about the Arabs, they have the money and are nowhere to be seen or heared in this story. The western world bailed some of them out (Kuwait) and helped them to become the richest nations in the world.

Anyways...I hear people say that the bail-out money used would have bought evrybody his home back and more of such 'better' solutions. But how I understand it now it is the effort and solutions of the US gov. (and Paulson) that the world didn't collaps. But was it this really the only way to save the economy or is the problem so immense that the solution will only delay the collaps...

There are some big names in this movie....can it be that the USD gov. wanted this movie to be made and inform the people about how it all went down? (couldn't find any masonic symbols in the movie tho.....
)

Anybody else watched the movie and an opinion or ideas about the matter?

PS the english play a short but significant role in this story and almost caused everything to collaps in the US. Can this be the reason why Obama had more important things to do on the weddingday of the britsh royal?

edit on 24-6-2011 by zatara because: forgot something

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I watched it and personally, I thought it was nothing more than SPIN. It made it look like Paulson was the good guy (I feel my dinner coming back for a second taste), Bernake was a pandering idiot (there's some news) and the bankers although greedy as hell (duh!) had some kind of epiphany (not). You can't give an evil that hoards money, more money and then expect them to give it out, people know this, why don't politicians? It was almost like a vindication based on BS on the government stance on trickle down economics.

I didn't like the the way the story line was mis-handled (the truth would have been nice), the movie had big names and the acting was reasonable. It seems to me that it's just another one of those movies they'll be showing political science majors in 10 years. The US government is just re-writing their history on film earlier this time around to see if it "stinks," errr, I mean "sticks."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Too big to fail is the opposite of Capitalism. The banks, the car companies, the entire lot of them should have went under and new companies would have come in and taken their place. Is it accurate lol. Yes its accurate that these people made off like crooks and theyre sitting on their yachts laughing their ass off at the American people. That much is accurate.
edit on 24-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I used to be a loan officer. Yes the banks did know it would fall. I was requited into the mortgage business when I was a used car salesman. That is where almost ALL of the loan officers at mortgage companies were coming from.

I was told to get in the business before the bubble burst. They knew what was coming and counted on the Government to bail them out.

Then to believe that the world economy would have collapsed if we did not bail the banks out?

If we would have used that money for the families in trouble with there houses it would have fixed the bankers problems too because the toxic loans would have been paid.

When people are homeless they do not buy things and they do not pay property tax.

It was all done on purpose and most of the banking executives and Government that let this happen needs to go to prison.
edit on 24-6-2011 by LoneGunMan because: spelling

top topics

join