It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildlife Refuges to be Planted with GMOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Washington, DC — The Obama administration has endorsed genetically engineered agriculture on more than 50 National Wildlife Refuges, with more GE-refuge approvals in the works, according to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility. (PEER)

farmwars.info...
i will admitt that its not a terribley objective article towords go but i still find this story kind of sad that wildlife preserves are being introduced with gmo(with no real testing of corse) agriculture.we need more respect ofr the planet

i wonder what will happen to the wildlife

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Now animals will have to suffer as we will. Contaminated intestines with GMO! Time will tell what this does to people surely it will not make their digestive tracts and other systems, body as a whole more healthy. As with them in time hey will suffer with mysterious ailments as some people do(herbicide poisoning, celiac disease,more). Shock to the systems as their bodies are not used to to the chemicals as well as it being unnatural to their bodies.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

sucks so much. honestly i dont see how they can just do that without testing its disgusting. but after they all die monsanto wiil roll out new animals immune to gmo to make money off of.( i wonder if that will actualy happen)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

Washington, DC — The Obama administration has endorsed genetically engineered agriculture on more than 50 National Wildlife Refuges, with more GE-refuge approvals in the works, according to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility. (PEER)

farmwars.info...

I spot a misspelling... shouldn't it be GE-refuse? (As in trash/garbage/sh*t?)

Because that is precisely what it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
that farmwars blog link is a bit, er, too emotional for my tastes. For anyone who wants the original link, minus posturing, www.peer.org...

The proposal for the Midwestern Refuges would allow more than 20,000 acres to be cultivated with no limits on how many acres could be GE crops. The public comment deadline for that plan is today. In its comments, PEER argues that the GE operations risk harm to wildlife, refuge plants and soil, while contending that there is no refuge purpose for which GE crops are essential, as required by FWS policy.

“These plans are based on the curious notion that wildlife benefit from having the small slivers of habitat set aside for them covered by genetically engineered soybeans,” stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch, noting the Midwest refuges are already surrounded by row crops, most of which are now GE. “To boost U.S. exports, the Obama administration is forcing wildlife refuges into political prostitution.”

www.peer.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Now animals will have to suffer as we will.

I don't know about that. There are many reports of animals refusing to eat it, given the chance. There were those rats that had to be force-fed GM tomatoes as well as this:

Pigs and other animals refuse GM corn
edit on 23/6/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

its like i stated in the op.
not the most objective article

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

at least the animals have some common sense. too bad most humans dont

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

don't know about that. There are many reports of animals refusing to eat it, given the chance.
reply to post by NuclearPaul

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The 2nd article posted is what I read - and it's alarming too.

I didn't really need another reason to hate that man - notice how the first thing his wife does is plant an organic garden at the white house. I noticed watching the white house chef using stuff from the garden that a lot of the plants were more traditional and heirloom.

So they make sure to have an organic garden, while planting public lands with crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

wont even eat the crap they try to feed us....hmm...whats worng with this picture

top topics

join