It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

greetings from a new member and a little present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
being very fond and excited to be an ats member (for a little while now) i thought i might as well greet you all in an introduction........... and with a surprise as i put it, to cheer things up because it is an unusual cold morning here.

i wish it is a surprise for all those newer than me and all those who might have missed the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i came across it while stumbling around the site, it is so full of humour and a fresh breeze to the many important and seriously heavy topics.

and this one

i just love ats ! my friends though think i’m crazier than ever. i think ats is a great community with great discussions and i would not want to miss anybodies tactfully phrased opinion. i have but learned from you.

i do have a lot of question, to start with : what do those abbreviations and numbers stand for in our member box ? (e.g. P 4,578 F 2,669 S 7,200 W 83 K 29) how exactly do we collect points and stars ? can i give stars ? yes... how ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

i do have a lot of question, to start with : what do those abbreviations and numbers stand for in our member box ? (e.g. P 4,578 F 2,669 S 7,200 W 83 K 29) how exactly do we collect points and stars ? can i give stars ? yes... how ?

i think the P stands for amount of posts you have made, S for the amount of stars given to you. W means watts or something.Some kind of power ratio and K is karma... whatever that means i dont know. Im sure if you search you will find the answer.
Each thread has a flag button on top left, you cant flag your own. Each post has a star symbol on top, again you can star a post if you wish...
Jst gave you your first star....

happy days..
k

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bestintentions

Welcome... and thanks for the laugh! That's gonna keep me busy for the rest of the afternoon!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Im sure a moderator will be along shortly to give some usefull advice..Read the advice and enjoy ATS live learn and enjoy ATS

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
thank you all
after searching around i did find some vague explanations.
here is the link, it seams many of us have this question

i wish a moderator would come along so i could ask it, why i have no star-system displayed that i can use to give stars

edit on 23-6-2011 by bestintentions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hey there
I plan to watch the vids but thought I would answer some of your questions. While I'm not a mod or even close, I like to know what the heck is going on around me as well and have found myself asking these same questions.
P is the number of posts the member has made.
S is for stars received
F is for Flags received. You have to start a thread to receive Flags.
W is your WATS index, this is a score derived from an algorithm combining your flags already stars and comparing them to other members. I think the highest person has like 500 and something. Also I think you have to be a member in good standing (200 posts or more may be one criteria)
K is your karma. This is a score derived from an algorithm combining your stars received (and flags maybe?) and comparing them to the number of posts you have made in total.

I don't know if your thread can have stars since it is an introduction thread. Also, you might have to have posted over 20 before you can assign stars, so that could be part of your problem too? It woukd make sense because they get a lot of troll accounts here that could offset the scoring system if just anyone could give stars, etc.

new topics

top topics

join