It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Annoying co-worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
First time poster here!!! Ok Ok I've very ticked off with a co-worker of mine. I work at a print shop as a graphic designer and specialty printer. My desk is right near our boss'. Her desk is on the other side of the office. My co-worker's job is to open files, press, print, write invoice. That's fine and simple enough - but her work behaviour that makes me mad.

She comes in on time, but it might take her about an hour to actually decide to start working. Every morning she comes in and comes to the other side of the office to tell the boss about her night. Ohh guess what I got "bleeped"

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBean
What I also don't get is why our boss doesn't fire her butt!! They aren't relatives, nor have any kind of relationship out of the office. There's no real mandatory reason to keep her there. She doesn't have any special skill either that would make it hard to find a replacement. I'm sure he could find someone more productive. Our boss is 33, married to a model and has 2 kids, and also the owner of the printshop. She's a 19 year old druggie who's never had a job before this one.

Are you sure there's nothing going on ...

He's 33.... married ( happily ? ) has two kids ( stressed out ? )

She's 19 years old and into the "party" scene, he could be living out some fantasies... just don't be surprised if "they" are "hooking up".

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Somehow I don't believe it -- it can't be, but I guess I shouldn't be naive about it either. But I just don't think it's fair what's going on sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I take it you're working in a small shop and the owner/boss is as close to HR as it gets.

That being said, I'd keep my nose clean and to the grind stone. I'd find a way to tune out the problem.

It very well could be that your boss is living vicariously through this young "person". I don't think he's messing with her. . .yet. But, that could come somewhere down the road. That's when things could get real sticky, therefore keeping out of this situation is the best solution for you. Making comments to your boss about her could land you in hot water and possibly in the unemployment line.

Don't worry, this situation can't last long. From the way you describe the behavior in the office, she won't last long. One big order for the company with a looming deadline will get your boss to realize that she's not the best answer for the "team".

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is what you said:

"I do twice as much work as her, I design, deal with customers, and do a greater amount of printing --- yet I'm stuck at the same salary as her!! "

Ask your boss for a raise, and you can outshine her by pointing out to him why you deserve more pay.

If you were getting higher pay, her behavior probably wouldn't even phase you.

And if the boss says he can't afford the raise, justify it by pointing out her salary is wasted as she doesn't contribute anything, and you could pick up what little slack there is when she's gone!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You know you're right, it does bother me that I stress my butt to get my work finished and done well and she horses around going for icecream in the middle of the day, spends half her time talking about the night before etc and we both are paid the same.

If that were different, I probably wouldn't pay attention to it as much. Talking about it to my boss is definitely the best thing to do...just bringing it up is probably my issue....yeah I'm nervous.

Thank you all for your advice and opinions.

new topics

top topics

join