It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to awaken others without karmic effect to self?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lovepeace20

Maybe instead of just dishing out facts and information that we have learned, try to expand more on how these things you have learned have directly effected your life. How they have shaped your perspective and made you live your life differently. How they have perhaps made you a better human being.

I think people would be more willing to listen and accept what we say if they could see that what we know actually shapes us and contributes to who we are opposed to all that "cool stuff" that the "sleepers" learn on TV and in magazines, but has no effect on how they live their lives. I think that is what makes something really worth knowing/learning - gaining something from it be it a reason to live selflessly, a total change in perspective on life, or simply gaining inspiration or even an awe factor.

I believe too many people are "learning" things that really don't matter and pose more as a distraction to the things in life that DO matter
edit on 23-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Whatever you are doing to others, you are doing to yourself, and if you accept what you do to others in equality with what you accept being done to yourself, then you are balanced, if not, then, when the reaction occurs, then you will find pain to the degree that you have inflicted by denial of your own actions filtered back into your own self.

There would be a kind of "lag" due to the "ego" - that is probably a kind of "see saw" that alternates at various periods of time, when the time comes, the "karma" is returned in equal measure, and it is revealed that the forces that control us are an elaborate set of sensors and mirrors, creating a dellusion, creating a denial of ourselves, preventing us from being as we were naturally intended, in natural harmonious balance with life.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is cause and effect. No Karma. Karma is an illusion from an illusion. The cause is your intention to create. The effect is the instant manifestation of the intention. Namaste

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Describing karma as an illusion from an illusion sounds like a cool magic. Where do I sign up to learn this trick?
(Not mocking you, it's pretty deep, had to think for awhile and I will give it more thought later.)

You quoted:

The cause is your intention to create. The effect is the instant manifestation of the intention.

So when does this effect end? Well I believe karma is the big picture and the ultimate end result of your actions...
edit on 23-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

great post.

i think it boils down to responsibility, what are going to be the effects of your "revealing the truth" to people .

are you doing it to impress/astound others or are you willing to go the distance, holding that persons hand as you leave platos cave and step out into the light, being there as that person gradually can stand on their own feet, and finally letting go so that person can walk their own path?

or are you looking for followers?

there are those who are too dependent on the illusion/system to be "freed" these people may even resort to violence of one degree or another, to silence you, usully for your own good, why bring that kind of hassle into your life?

in other cases you could do great harm to that persons psyche/well being, in my case, for example, my grandma;

i suppose you could say I've been a conspiracy theorist since i was 12 yrs old when i 1st saw the horror behind the veil of the world [this is not including my Valerie Moment and a mystical/supernatural experience i had when i was 7] back then, while i had friends, more like acquaintances, i did not talk of these things, because i didn't consider the majority of my peers to be any where near my intellectual level, and those that were would think i was nuts, not paranoia but a gradually expanding awareness of how things and people were in general.

should i have tried to explain these things to grandma? it saddens me still that i didn't didn't do so, but what was i gonna do? crush what few paltry illusions she had left in life? society/the world used her up and discarded her, the best i could do was to deflect the worst of it on the sly. grandma's safe now, the world can't F around with her anymore.

just let TCOTBIP* try to F around with me now, now that i have no hostages that can be used to keep me down/intimidated/quiet/inactive.

to sum it up, you just can't go around putting people through the " everything you know/were taught is a lie" experience, or as i prefer to call it "The Short Sharp Shock" unless you are willing to go to the effort to stay with that person until they can fly with their own wings. anything less is "casting pearls before swine", they will be trod under foot and the "swine" may very well rise up violently against you.
-----------------------------
* TCOTBIP=The Custodians Of The Black Iron Prison

member Boncho's latest thread concerns what he calls the stupidity of using acronyms or terms like "they" because of their vagueness [and the fact that you aren't really identifying anything/anybody] i did not contribute to that thread, because i didn't feel i had anything appropriate to say , however, composing this reply has changed this somewhat so i'll go post now that i do.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
]reply to post by HUMBLEONE

but couldn't it be said that Karma/The Law of Return and Causality are the same to an extent?
or would that be a western conceit on my part?

off topic : i'm gonna miss Che-Dolf.

reply to post by blackrain17

"This is the awe-inspiring universe of magic: There are no atoms, only waves and
motions all around. Here, you discard all belief in barriers to understanding.
You put aside understanding itself. This universe cannot be seen, cannot be
heard, cannot be detected in any way by fixed perceptions. It is the ultimate
void where no preordained screens occur upon which forms may be projected. You
have only one awareness here -- the screen of the magi: Imagination! Here, you
learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes
and systems, an organizer of chaos."
-The Atreides Manifesto, Bene Gesserit Archives
quoted from: Heretics of Dune Frank Herbert

look into Chaos_magic, though i'm not sure if humbleone is referring to this

Chaos magic is a school of the modern magical tradition which emphasizes the pragmatic use of belief systems and the creation of new and unorthodox methods.

Belief as a tool Chaos magic claims that belief can be an active magical force. It emphasizes flexibility of belief and the ability to consciously choose one's beliefs, hoping to apply belief as a tool rather than seeing it as a relatively unchanging part of one's personality.[8] Various psychological techniques are employed in order to induce flexibility of belief.[9] Other chaos magicians suggest that people do not need "belief" to work magic.[10] Austin Osman Spare asserts in the Book of Pleasure and various other works that Will formulates Desire which promulgates Belief.

So when does this effect end? Well I believe karma is the big picture and the ultimate end result of your actions...

maybe it doesn't, it just goes on, perhaps something you do or say today could come to a head thousands of years in the future.
consider the Butterfly Effect for example
edit on 24-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet."

Whether we call it Karma or Causality, we're talking about the same mechanism.
The returned effect of your cause. The cause being thought, emotion, word, or action.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Chanced upon this first thing this morning..............very insightful information.

Sort of like I've been saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

Starred and you've given me a lot to think on.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Delete out of courtesy.
edit on 1-7-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join