It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Government Buying Up the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

see thats where my common sense kicks in china comes here we go there

why cant we just stay put and do it here and they do it there?

makes no sense to me.

i know why the us goes to china its cheaper and the chinese come here because its cheaper.

this current society in my opinion has little common sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I hear ya.

But how is it different? Japan is still the second largest holder of US debt and are one of the largest foreign investors in the US economy. Japan and China have flipped flopped back and forth over the past few years as to which one held the largest amounts. Here is a large influx of debt free cash for the economy.

The only real difference here IMO is that up until recently Japan was the only one of the two which actually reinvested back into our economy. By building American manufacturing plants for Toyota, Nissan and Honda etc in the process hiring people. Giving them good insurance and retirement plans. While GM and Ford closed plants and shipped them to China.

US companies on the other hand over in China do not own everything 100% they have to become the minor share holders in their own business/factories with the Chinese Government. So which side is actually more balanced and fair? If sometime in the future the US chose to nationalize China's investments it would simply be doing the very same thing that China is already now doing to US firms and that is having a controlling interest.
edit on 22-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

we are seeing the next stage of the 'Globalist' agendas at work.

the Chinese Sovereign Wealth is diversifing from Treasuries and Agency securities... they hade a little more than $2 trillion in securities that much will need to be converted into hard. real assets... like land, resources, etc...

i bet they can't buy a stake in any of the banks that own the Fed or are in the 'TBTF' category...
nor can they have any interest in weapons manufacturers, defense contractors... and the list goes on of just what they can 'buy' in the USA or its territories....

this isn't much more than alarmist hype...(IMHO)
edit on 22-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This heading for disaster, Utah to host first U.S.-China Governors Forum

To understand where all of the U.S.-China cooperation is heading, be sure to read William F. Jasper’s article, “China: The New Investment Savior?” (The New American magazine, May 23, 2011). In brief, state-run corporations from communist China are buying up natural resources and land with the U.S. dollars they’ve rapidly accumulated from selling us the products that we used to make for ourselves. For example, the China National Machinery Industry Corp., known as Sinomach, is negotiating to buy a massive 50 square miles of land near the Boise, Idaho airport as the site of a proposed manufacturing, trade, and technology zone.

What’s chilling about these bold moves to buy up America by the Chinese is the ecstatic reception they’re getting from the governors of many states.

Furthermore, according to Jasper:

The national security aspects of China’s global investment program are complicated even further by an investment-immigration program sponsored by the United States government known as the EB-5 visa, which has the potential to bring to the United States tens of thousands of millionaire “princelings” of China’s privileged Communist Party as “small investors” in American businesses.

So, these are just a few of the facts regarding the U.S.-China Governors’ Forum, but I think you’re getting the big picture that “The U.S.-China Governors’ Forum Leads to Disaster!”

www.sltrib.com...

As states become strapped for money they will turn to rich communist regime supporters in China to buy resources in the states.

America was founded A Republic for the people and by the people, the people in each state should be the ones voting to have this deals approve not the greedy dirty bastard politicians looking to enrich their pockets at the expenses of the nations citizens and natural resources.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I see what you are getting at. Trying to wrap my brain around some of the things happening in the world can be quite difficult sometimes and often gives me a headache. So many variables, so many forces fighting one another.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I think it is the opposite, people think China has a sinister plan, I think it is the opposite. All this crap China has been buying, it could all turn to trash through one big war. One conflict with China and US can freeze all Chinese assets, investments and end its ownership imaginary ownerships, just like she did to Libya.

Maybe China wants this, maybe China wants a conflict which gives China the moral upper hand. But we all know US propaganda is far reaching, US spends millions of dollars on propaganda in South East Asia to curb opinions.

It isn't possible to counter US in the propaganda field, even if China spreads the "US won't pay me pack" card.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When the Japanese came in the 80's and bought real estate, opening their mini marts, donut shops, nail salons, how did this financially help America? They did not hire Americans, they brought their families to run these small businesses, which by the way all but nail salons were sold to middle easterners whom barely hired Americans. So know the Chinese are getting a piece of the American ignorant money, I'm not sure if it is a infiltration attempt or just another exchange of ownerships.
As for an Idaho Chinese city.

All I can say is LOL.. They may be able to create such a city, but the gov can't stop the reactions of the American people...many people will not care if they are arrested, many would die to save our country, if the intent should turn out to be malice.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How many ATSers come on here claiming that the government shouldn't be regulating free trade and keep their regulations off of the free market?
Well this is the free market for you, but all of a sudden, now the government is selling us out.
But if congress were to regulate who buys what tracks of land, then they are infringing on our rights and pretty soon only a handful of people will be allowed to buy land.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
How many ATSers come on here claiming that the government shouldn't be regulating free trade and keep their regulations off of the free market?

The Govmint is regulating free trade and the market.

I don't see your point.

What's wrong with the Chinese buying land anyway? It's not like they're stealing the land.

All of the arguments I see here are the same old racist/protectionist arguments that I here all the time and they do not impress me. People insisting that this is a bad thing might as well hunt every non-national, kick them out of the U.S and take their property.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
In our darkest hours to come, the Chinese will be our ("oppressors")...

saviors.

Just a matter of time.

fixed it for you!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick

Originally posted by joyride0187

WHAT IS CONGRESS THINKING?!!!

I believe they are thinking that being traitors and selling out their country is worth it to have a nice cushy job, connections, and faux power.
edit on 6/22/11 by HenryPatrick because: (no reason given)

BINGO!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I remember the good old days when the US was being bought up by the queen of england, and that we were becoming british subjects

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
China cant take the US unless the US wants them to. period. point blank.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The Govmint is regulating free trade and the market.

I don't see your point.

What's wrong with the Chinese buying land anyway? It's not like they're stealing the land.

All of the arguments I see here are the same old racist/protectionist arguments that I here all the time and they do not impress me. People insisting that this is a bad thing might as well hunt every non-national, kick them out of the U.S and take their property.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

One of the very few posters in this thread to make actual sense.

Anytime there is a US/China conflict no matter how small or large ATS posters will want to try to turn it into a China invades US scenario and how would wouldn't let them take us down with our 'gun behind every blade of grass'. Ok, enough with your fantasies, let's get back to real life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join