It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minot, ND Flood - Water to Top Dikes Any Moment - live feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have seen a couple of other threads about the flooding here in ND. Just wanted to share this live feed as they are now expecting the dikes to be topped any moment now.

Link to story and live feed
Direct Link to UStream

Mayor Curt Zimbelman, speaking by telephone to KXMC television, said just after 9 a.m. that that could happen "within the hour," but the city had not yet sounded its sirens by 11:30 a.m.

Zimbelman said there are several areas along the levees where officials aren't sure they control the dikes. Officials plan to sound the city's sirens as soon as the water starts overtopping the levees.

For a city of about 36,000 people, the evacuation of 11,000 people is quite a hit. At least with a disaster such as this there is forewarning unlike an earthquake/tsunami. I hope everyone over there heeds the warnings and gets out safe. Come on over to Fargo, we will be happy to have you here!

Another local news link with river level updates
edit on 22-6-2011 by kalunom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sirens sounding now...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That looks bad indeed, reminds me of the time my family had to evacuate for a possible flooding.

Luckily nothing happened, but it seems these people won't be as fortunate.

I hope they all get out safely with their loved ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Try to stay safe, and if you can please keep us posted on the situation. Thanks for sharing with us here on ATS!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This is our govt at its finest. This is a govt controlled flooding. Govt mismanagement of the river flows is the cause of this staged event.

Fema has denied handouts. We are a red state just like Texas which was also denied FEMA handouts from the fires.

There was already a housing shortage now one third of the city is displaced.

This is so sad that we trust our govt to manage our river flows then they wipe out the town the dams were suppose to protect.

We have guards doing security..........Papers please.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Friday June 24, 2011 1:30 pm. central time. Minot is FLOODING, multiple levees overflowing! News on the AP wire that water in some areas is to the second floor. Sand bagging efforts in a small town near by were abandoned as futile. Mayor says they have done all they can to protect infrastructure for the most part but will keep trying. My thoughts and prayers to everyone. Stay Safe!

join