It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to remember past life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I do not want to visit hypnoterapist for past life regression. I was thinking about other methods, perhaps self hypnosis videos, or some kind of meditation. Any ideas? Thanks

P.S. - I was also thinking about accessing my akashic records,any idea how to do that? Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

afaik it should be possible via astral traveling..

at least that is what william buhlman says in his book "out of body":.

great book, should check it out...

i believe you could understand it as a prestep to entering the akasha...

i doubt you can just enter it without the proper training

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

afaik it should be possible via astral traveling..

at least that is what william buhlman says in his book "out of body":.

great book, should check it out...

i believe you could understand it as a prestep to entering the akasha...

i doubt you can just enter it without the proper training

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I hypnotist could well help in your search, any reasons why you don't want to do the one easy thing that would answer your title?

Self-hypnosis will not work unless you have been conditioned by a hypnotist.

The Buddha talks about accessing past lives through meditation but its not a quick journey and you might have to spend 3 years just developing concentration without further conditioning of meditation to get your goal.

IMHO it's great your on the journey yet you might be viewing this a little naively.

Just my views and others may differ.

Peace

We need more info about you to really help.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There are some good CD's out there that will help you accomplish this.

Check out:

Steve G. Jones
Wendi Friesen
Victoria Wizell

There are others too. But those are ones who have a good reputation to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I ve read a ton of books on this subject matter, and one of the best (that I've read) is "New age self hypnosis". I have had 3 short OBE's. each time the attempt was not to veiw past lives. But was to just have the OBE's , they were spectaular and extremely disorienting at first. That book isnt too long and it covers all the subjects that your looking to find. My buddy tried some of the techniques after reading it, and he inadvertanly met one of his gaurdian angels. There is another book (MUCH LARGER) called "Mastering Astral Projection". both are good reads and very helpful. The first book I mentioned has sections in each chapter that layout what you should record yourself saying before each session. So essientially you are your own hypnotheripist.

Hope that helped.

~much love~

Oh S&F for you continuing your quest.
good luck and stay positive
edit on 22-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
I do not want to visit hypnoterapist for past life regression. I was thinking about other methods, perhaps self hypnosis videos, or some kind of meditation. Any ideas? Thanks

P.S. - I was also thinking about accessing my akashic records,any idea how to do that? Thanks

Time does not exist. Everything past, present, and future is happening right now eternally.

With that said, try remembering a future life.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Since time does not exist, could I perhaps change the past events with thought? Like remembering exact memory, but changing the end. I guess changing past is not correct name, I should call it shifting into parallel reality, where certain event did not happen.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Since time does not exist, could I perhaps change the past events with thought? Like remembering exact memory, but changing the end. I guess changing past is not correct name, I should call it shifting into parallel reality, where certain event did not happen.

It is your higher self that does this.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I tried talking to it through Pendulum, it gave me couple of answers. Hm, so, could I perhaps achieve these things if I managed to have normal conversations with my Higher Self? Either through dream,meditation, or perhaps OOBE? I would welcome some answers as to why things are the way they are now, and if they can be changed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What makes you think you had a past life.

Some say there are more people alive today than have ever died.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I believe in reincarnation and I do not think that we are limited only to humans. I believe our soul experiences different life forms, and since it exists to gain experience through them, it must have started somehow:
From most simple to more complex life forms

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Have a regression with a therapist, trust me. If you have a self hypnosis regression, and you need help, you'll get kinda bad panic attacks and stuff, thats why you need a therapist, because he/she will be physically there to help you if you panic..understand? Like a medic. You do all the work in the state of memory, they just guide you to the memory.

I say this because i done one of those self regressions, it did work, so much so i got those panic attacks or what i call "soul attacks". I was in a bad state of emotional shock, crying, shaking, because it was self regression, i had no one around me to calm me down.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
What makes you think you had a past life.

Some say there are more people alive today than have ever died.

Mathematically, that sounds silly to me. If we were just to take the 1000 years of Romes rule, and earliest known populatin figures of over 4 million people, thats 4 billion in Rome alone.
edit on 22-6-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Have a regression with a therapist, trust me. If you have a self hypnosis regression, and you need help, you'll get kinda bad panic attacks and stuff, thats why you need a therapist, because he/she will be physically there to help you if you panic..understand? Like a medic. You do all the work in the state of memory, they just guide you to the memory.

I say this because i done one of those self regressions, it did work, so much so i got those panic attacks or what i call "soul attacks". I was in a bad state of emotional shock, crying, shaking, because it was self regression, i had no one around me to calm me down.

Seriously, the thing I hate most about metaphysics is all the competing theories put out by people trying to sell stuff. If only we could work together to find the truth, instead of using scare tactics and fear to separate others from their cash.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I tried talking to it through Pendulum, it gave me couple of answers. Hm, so, could I perhaps achieve these things if I managed to have normal conversations with my Higher Self? Either through dream,meditation, or perhaps OOBE? I would welcome some answers as to why things are the way they are now, and if they can be changed.

Your higher self is your self so all you have to do is look deep within yourself and you will find your self there. The practice of lucid dreaming is probably an effective way to have a more visual experience with your higher self, but it is not limited to that.

I once had a vision of a scenario that I understood to be my future self. I was about 5 and a half feet tall among a group of beings who were highly organized and seemed to be busy as if they were going to work or something. I had a big alien head and big eyes. I seemed to be at some sort of "train" station, but instead of hopping on a train, I was hopping in a tube that turned me into a wisp of light that shot me to my destination at the speed of light. That was the end of the vision.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The hardest thing to understand that any past life remembrance from anyone at all....is also a past life of you. For the IAM is the only real true self, that has incarnated into us all.

If you remember a past life, its not so much connected to you as a individual, but something the IAM of you, your true self, allows you to view and see for some sort of worth that 'life or phase' can have for you on a personal level, something to teach you or make you reflect on.

So what ever past life you feel you have remembered, is something, a life, that the IAM see's fit to allow you to see....of itself, of THEESELF, the one true self we are all of.

So in a way, any past life of any person....any life at all, is a part of you, the IAM of you. My life is a part of you, everyones life is a part of you, all past lives are a part of you....and the IAM will decide what 'phase of itself' it allows you to see or view for what you need, on a personal level.

In oneness of Spirit, what we are all of and would be nothing without...every life that ever was and ever will be, is a part of us, in Spirit.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It is very difficult, as your brain will only have your current memories to use in order to structure an image for your past life, basically, you will find that most of your experiences in life are mirrors or "repeats" of similar situations that occured to you in past lives.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

It requires a non-linear understanding, as many people in a past life were small invertebrate animals, and in terms of "identity" then some individuals are actually older than others, however, there is a branch point where various people used to be the same person.

I have the idea, that consciousness is a field of all that has ever existed, and "individuals" are temporary manifestations of the whole, that can always be "returned" and then "reborn" and reconstituted into new individuals.

However, each individual, when they "return" will perceive themselves as being "the one", however, that will occur for all individuals, until the complete conscious entity becomes a unity, and most likely, "re-expresses" itself in the form of a new universe, and new life.

Basically, we are all infinitley separate, however, we can exist as a unilateral awareness at various points in time.
edit on 23-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
The hardest thing to understand that any past life remembrance from anyone at all....is also a past life of you. For the IAM is the only real true self, that has incarnated into us all.

If you remember a past life, its not so much connected to you as a individual, but something the IAM of you, your true self, allows you to view and see for some sort of worth that 'life or phase' can have for you on a personal level, something to teach you or make you reflect on.

So what ever past life you feel you have remembered, is something, a life, that the IAM see's fit to allow you to see....of itself, of THEESELF, the one true self we are all of.

So in a way, any past life of any person....any life at all, is a part of you, the IAM of you. My life is a part of you, everyones life is a part of you, all past lives are a part of you....and the IAM will decide what 'phase of itself' it allows you to see or view for what you need, on a personal level.

In oneness of Spirit, what we are all of and would be nothing without...every life that ever was and ever will be, is a part of us, in Spirit.

This person knows what he/she is talking about.

top topics

join