It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here is a bit of a comparison from our Coppers here in Western Australia to those LEO`s doing the ticketing from Rochester police ticket attendees where lady was arrested....

Cops tip off speeders
THE WA Police Union has ordered its officers to "tip off" the location of speed cameras by parking near Multanovas with flashing emergency lights.
The move is part of the force's mounting industrial action

The directive, issued to the state's 5800 police officers on Friday, has been touted as "welfare checks" on speed camera operators and comes just days after a Multanova operator was targeted in Wattle Grove, with two thugs stealing and damaging the speed camera.

So our Police Force has taken the opportunity under the guise of protection of multinova speed camera operators as an elbow to the ribs of the Gov,to push for a 15% pay rise.......

"In light of what happened to the operator the other night at Wattle Grove we've decided that we will do welfare checks on them and we will do them with our emergency lights on," Mr Armstrong said.

."I am urging all members who are on patrol and see a speed camera to turn on their emergency lights, pull over and check on the welfare of these operators, ensuring that you do not park in front of the camera.

"We will look after these people to make sure their safety is not compromised. It will also slow vehicles down and that is a very good safety initiative."

Mr Armstrong rejected suggestions the act was a waste of police resources.

The union is pushing for a pay rise of 15 per cent over two years almost twice the amount allowed under the State Government's wages policy after their agreement expired on June 30.

Have to say this one made me laugh,good for them and I hope they get their pay rise.

Personally I`d like to see more police on the road catching the idiots that speed cameras miss.

But this also shows that Police over here will use the situations to their advantage.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

wikid video. I got fat buzz out of that. well done!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Mods: this should be closed since charges were dropped

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

When people don`t want to discuss it any further thats when it`ll stop Homer.

Much like the Mods wont stop discussion on 911 from people who dont believe the original story feed to the population or should that be stopped as well in your opinion?

Relax a bit, it`ll stop in due time with this issue and be all but forgotten.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Since when did that become some criteria for a determnation the closing of a thread?

People are discussing... what's wrong with that?

Besides, the charges maybe dropped but it doesn't mean the problem went away or it is the end of the story.

Maybe I, or someone, will add updates as they become available.

Jeezzz

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Example. Emily Good spoke yesterday.

"If we don't have a right to question police officers, then we're living in a police state, and I absolutely maintain that we have a right to question authority in - in every level of government, every civil servant," she said.

She is now become an activist for Police Profiling and Citizens Rights. Which, to be honest, that is what she was all about to begin with. Beginning, for the record, with her first arrest prior to this one that led to the story.

Like it or not, Ms. Good has been catipulted to the front page of Societal Issues-Current. We have never been so close to being a Police State as we are now.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Read an interesting story over the weekend about a LEO from Mankato MN (went to college there) who is still on paid supension over a hit and run accident after bar closing.

A citizen heard a crash, went outside to find a car tire had gone through the back window of his car and damaged another. While standing there with the neighbors who had come out to investigate a clean cut male who seemed college age walked by and asked if they has seen anything. The guy started telling the story and he cut him off and repeated "did you actually see anything?". When he said no the guy grabbed the bumper that was laying in the street and ran off.

Turns out he was a LEO and he drove his damaged car home on 3 tires, leaking fluids the whole way, and put in in his garage. When police tracked him from the leaking fluids he refused to answer his door. At this point they knew is was a coworker, and they decided to do nothing.

No arrest, no search warrant. They waited until he contacted them.

If LEO's don't want us to think there is a problem they shouldn't be acting like this. Not just the LEO who drove drunk (he was in 3 bars that night), but his fellow officers who failed to do their duty.

I'd post a link but don't know how here. It was in the Mankato Free Press.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
When police tracked him from the leaking fluids he refused to answer his door. At this point they knew is was a coworker, and they decided to do nothing.

If LEO's don't want us to think there is a problem they shouldn't be acting like this. Not just the LEO who drove drunk (he was in 3 bars that night), but his fellow officers who failed to do their duty.

When police get warrants and kick in doors they are wrong. (Refer to every 3rd thread in this forum)

When police do not get warrants and do not kick in doors they are also wrong.

edit on 4-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

When police tracked him from the leaking fluids he refused to answer his door. At this point they knew is was a coworker, and they decided to do nothing.

When police get warrants and kick in doors they are wrong. (Refer to every 3rd thread in this forum)

If that hed been a civilian they'd have taken that door down.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If they had they'd be investigated and have lost their jobs as no exigent circumstances existed to justify a warrantless entry for a MVA with PD only.

So no- they would not have.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

You expect people to believe that you believe that had that been a civilian, the cops would still have knocked a few times and then just given up?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

No.

They would have secured the scene and one would have headed down to the Magistrate to swear out a warrant for arrest for leaving the scene of an MVA.

Then they would have returned and knocked again. Entering a home for an arrest warrant without an attachment for forced entry is a no-no, so if he refused to answer there is nothing they can legally do.

Depending on the officers on scene, they could have made the case for exigent circumstances in this case (the possibility of subject being injured from the MVA) and they could have forced entry. This has to stand up to judicial review however, and based on the subject's prior actions (running off with a bumper) they'd have been screwed after the fact.

Entry into a residence without a warrant and no justifiable exigent circumstances, as well as forced entry for a property crime, will get any officers involved sued and fired.

In this case I'd assume (I know ASS-U-ME :lol
a warrant was sworn out and whatever legal representation the drunk knucklehead had arranged for his surrender. Happens all the time with civilians- nothing out of the ordinary for a simple property crime.

ETA: This is exactly the way it went down: Cop Pleads in Bizarre Crash
edit on 5-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have ignored this thread for a while. I just wanted to make a comment.

I found out today that the charges were dropped. I was obviously wrong in my interpretation of the sceneraio and NY's position.

I will be doing more research in to this and seeing how I should modify my own behavior.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Thanks for checking back. I do the same. I learned a lot from this thread. BOTH sides of the issue.

The good thing is that we can all learn and grow from someone elses demise.

I don't really care for the woman, personally, but, she is leading the fight right now. And, I would rather be on her side so..

Take Care and Peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If they had they'd be investigated and have lost their jobs as no exigent circumstances existed to justify a warrantless entry for a MVA with PD only.

So no- they would not have.

I was the detox charge nurse on the 11pm to 7am shift in Mankato for 3 years. I could give you dozens of examples where the police did just that, and never got in any trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I was the detox charge nurse on the 11pm to 7am shift in Mankato for 3 years. I could give you dozens of examples where the police did just that, and never got in any trouble.

Please do. I prefer case numbers so they can be verified however dates will suffice.

I'll be waiting.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
On Friday I went to Sam's and saw a Sheriffs Deputy car parked in the fire lane with his hazard lights flashing.
I went in the store thinking that maybe someone got caught shoplifting. After a few minutes I saw a Deputy in uniform pushing a cart around doing his shopping. When I passed him, I asked, "Where's the fire"? He looked at me and said,"excuse me?" I said, "I was wondering where the fire was since I saw you parked in the fire lane. Is is OK if I park there the next time I need to run in to get a few thing too?" He then said, "F*ck you!" How would you like to go for a ride for harassing a police officer?" I just walked away shaking my head in disgust while he glared at me. Too bad I didn't get a picture, my phone was dead.
I mentioned it to the cashier when I was checking out and she said that it happens all the time. It seems that my lack of respect for the cops increases every time I actually encounter one. There may be some good ones, but I think they are far and few between. There could be a whole forum on police brutality and corruption.

I see that some are here are still defending the actions of the cop who arrested Ms Good. How sad.

edit on 7/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

File a complaint with the Internal Affairs folks, or depending on the size of the Department-the Chief or Mayor.

They can get the tape from Lowes and get all the info they need.

I don't know about the shopping as some states or more likely counties-allow their officers to use the vehicles and able to shop etc. I don't agree but hey... who am I to say. There are pros & cons-of course.

But, the whole fire lane thing. That constitutes an offense that you or I could be fined for. Therefore-he crossed the line there. And, of course, with the whole lights going thing. Tsk Tsk. All will be on Tape.

Go ahead... Make His Day....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00366cf7c5cb.jpg[/atsimg]
for saying F/U. He deserves it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

His police lights were not on, just his vehicles hazard lights. I am not going to file a complaint, the last thing I need in my life is to become a target for the local LEO's. I may be condemned by some for not making an issue about this, but my family takes priority. My wife is already pissed off at me for even saying anything to him. I don't know if Sam's club has a camera or not, but even if they did, they are certainly not going to make an issue out of this.

Cops are people with a measure of power and power tends to corrupt. I think this has been true throughout all of man's history and will never change. I think we all just need to get used to the fact that there are a lot of bad cops....A lot!

Look at what is happening all around the world. People are fed up with corrupt governments and taking to the streets in protest, The despots and corrupt governments are cracking down on the civilian population and guess who is on the front line protecting these abusive governments? That's right...The police and military. The police are employed by the government and are more than willing to deny people their basic human rights if called upon to do so.

The same is true in our country. We all like to think that the police are public servants but that is BS in my opinion. They are not our servants, this seems more obvious all the time. If they are not our servants what are they? Enemies? Adversaries? Or just a group to view with suspicion?

The average law abiding citizen is treated by some government agencies (TSA) like a potential terrorist or criminal. I think a prudent person will view cops in the same light....a potential criminal that cannot be trusted. If unlucky enough to be in a position to have to interact with one, it's best to have a recording device ready to protect oneself. Maybe I am just old and bitter and jaded, Maybe I have just not been lucky enough to run into good upstanding cops with ethics and a good comprehension of the Constitution. Or maybe I am right.

edit on 7/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: toned it down a bit

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I can understand you not wanting to file a complaint but it would be the only way you could stop the fool. But-I am sure the man will do something else and will end his career with that type of attitude.

I have to agree with you on the Public Servant stuff also. Even my wife said to me recently that it is like we, the USA people are the enemy-trapped in our own country. It was like a Police State around here with the "Safety Check Points, the DUI Checkpoints, etc etc.

Not to mention the rest of the country going nuts-in the cities anyways.

I have a feeling a massive tidal wave of Anti-Law Enforcement and Laws in general is starting to sweep the nation.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join