It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen: At least 40 suspected Al Qaeda militants escape prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yemen: At least 40 suspected Al Qaeda militants escape prison

www.anhourago.in

Sanaa: Security officials say at least 40 Al Qaeda militants have escaped from a jail in southern Yemen.

The militants attacked their guards and seized their arms early on Wednesday just as bands of heavily armed militants attacked the prison in the city of Mukalla on the Arabian Sea.

The officials said those who escaped included militants convicted on terror charges or held in protective custody pending their trial.

Read more at: www.ndtv.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonpost.com

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this happened so the states will have a reason to stay and keep fighting in Yemen.
My theory is that the militants "escaped" so the States will have more "bad guys" to go after and will prolong their stay in Yemen
Something has to be done to stop these wars. there is more wars in these eastern countries than there is not.
Its time for Congress to step in and put a stop to this madness.
Havent we seen enough death and destruction yet??

www.anhourago.in
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Escaped? or did someone "accidentally" leave the door unlocked.

Time to send the armed drones back in. Just another "threat" and "focus" for the current administration. We certainly have "eyes and arms in the sky" in Yemen.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Anyone who is a Muslim, and who is against US hegemony in the region is regarded as Al-Qaeda. The group as an organization doesn't exist, the more you use the name, the more it becomes real in the mind of the ignorant.

Everytime I see it, I feel helpless because I can't do anything about it. The intentional bombardment of propaganda to create fake realities in order to either support wars, or support dictators is at a point of no return. US has sent drones and diplomats to help the Saleh regime crush the protesters, just like Bahrain.

Now you have to use the word, even if the group doesn't exist, Muslims who are willing to fight against US hegemony in the region is called Al-Qaeda. They don't sign a contract joining a group named Al-Qaeda. Those who don't fight US hegemony, but fight US puppets, or US occupying and invading forces are called Al-Qaeda allies.

In reality anyone struggling against US aggression, occupation and Imperial policies in their country, or surroundings, is regarded as Al-Qaeda. You could be next, but bear in mind, that fighting USSR doesn't make you Al-Qaeda.

Don't forget, when Osama was fighting USSR, there was no Al-Qaeda, they were freedom fighters. When Taliban was fighting USSR, they weren't women abusers, and terrorists, rather freedom fighters.

Propaganda can make you see hell as heaven and heaven as hell, that is the words of Hitler, and it is 100% true.

All in all, 40 anti-Saleh fighters escaped from Prison, is that surprising? The whole country is standing up against Saleh, if they take up arms, they would all be Al-Qaeda, funnily the Libyan rebels are not Al-Qaeda.

The term Al-Qaeda is US copy rights, so if Qaddafi labels the rebels Al-Qaeda, it doesn't make it so, because US has to use that word, I think I said too much.

new topics

top topics

join