It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinellas deputies involved in shooting at CVS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Pinellas deputies involved in shooting at CVS

www.myfoxtampabay.com

During the arrest, the sheriff’s office says, Williams tried to grab one of the deputy's guns.
That’s when one deputy Tased the man and two deputies shot him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't know how you go from tasing a guy to shooting him multiple times from 2 different cops. Sounds to me like another police brutality case to me. On the news report it didn't say anything about the guy going after one of the cops guns, but even so apparently he didn't get it,got tased, then shot by two officers. So I guess we may never find out the truth. But I'm sure there were witnesses and cameras on so maybe we will.

www.myfoxtampabay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

I used to live in Pinellas, what a great place to grow up as a kid. I follow the "keep one friend around who is slower than you" rule and I survived that hell hole.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When he reached for the cops gun he signed his own death warrant.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

I used to live in Pinellas, what a great place to grow up as a kid. I follow the "keep one friend around who is slower than you" rule and I survived that hell hole.
Ya I live in Lakeland and know all about St Pete. Especially south St Pete...not a very great place to grow up.

I agree if he reached for the gun then he got what he was asking for....but why shoot him after he was tased?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well, yes and no. He was certainly in the wrong but being tased and then shot by two people afterward is a little excessive. Cops have been out for blood lately, people who frequent this website are well aware of that.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

We asked the same question at the same time lol, it is very excessive. On the other hand though I guess we'd need a bit more information since I've heard plenty of stories about people being tased and still standing and fighting back. Maybe this guy was just that crazy, I doubt it but hopefully we'll get to see the tapes and find out for certain

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I agree if he reached for the gun then he got what he was asking for....but why shoot him after he was tased?

Tasers sometimes can be ineffective on some people. If you go for a cop's gun, say "bye-bye."

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just got out of jail at 8 p.m. and already harassing his ex.....yup an outstanding citizen. We don't have all the facts in yet, but I'll bet we get as he is still alive.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

He was certainly in the wrong but being tased and then shot by two people afterward is a little excessive.

If the taser wasn't enough to keep the guy under control and he was reaching for a cop's gun, this is not excessive. When someone is struggling for your gun, you have to assume that person would use it against you. It's a matter of life and death, and two officers shooting someone in this case is not excessive. Another officer's life was at risk, and they eliminated that risk. Cops don't shoot to injure, they shoot to kill, that is why the threat must be very severe for them to be justified in shooting.

new topics

top topics

join