It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for GOOD UFO/Alien fiction novels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looking for good alien.ufo novels to lay down to go to sleep to, can anyone recommend any? No movie tie ins if possible

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
okay a list of off topic stuff, dont see the relevance

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well I would recommend Rudy Rucker's 'Frek and the Elixir'. Its a fun sci-fi novel that has aliens, UFOs, reality TV, biotechnology gone awry, stem cells, and a magic pig. Really it's a great novel. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a fairly fast read, think of it kind of in the vein of Lord of the Rings meets Month Python. Its very funny in parts but also has some action with just a smidge of romance. If you liked any Douglas Adams' novels I think you would enjoy this one.
edit on 21-6-2011 by countduckula24 because: silly typo

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hmm well I read a book called Osiris Revelations which was pretty good. Doesn't have any direct contact with E.T but the plot is based on E.T tech/ finding lost knowledge on Mars and I found it great. Try it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
okay a list of off topic stuff, dont see the relevance

derp

IDK maybe its the off-topic forums derrrrr mmmkay.

Really though, you've been a member too long to not know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would recommend you read factual books about ufos as they are much more interesting...

But if your looking for fiction then you cant go wrong with Operation Thunder Child.

Its written by Nick Pope who used to work for the Ministry of Defense investigating UFOs. So it might just have a bit of truth to it...

Theres also a sequel called Operation Lightning Strike.

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You may find this one interesting.
It's one of my all time favorites.
tal.forum2.org...[/url]
CHILDHOODS END by Arthur Clarke

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I do read lots of non fiction, but when i got to bed and trying to relax, I'd rather have something fictional

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

found it on amazon and ordering it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Agent to the Stars.

There are a couple of threads on this, but I don't think specifically dealing with UFO/Alien topics (but certainly Scifi). Check here. And here.
I just wrapped up three Ringworld books by Larry Niven. Decent reads. Along a similar vein is 'Helix' by Eric Brown (just wrapped that one up to).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

I think I need to be a little more precise...
Anything along the lines of first contact, crash/retrieval, ancient astronauts...
Stephen Coonts put out a good book called Saucer, and the Area 51 series are 2 that are along the lines I like....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by HomerinNC

An early, and all-time favorite of mine is Stranger in a Strange Land.

Another one which still blows me away, is Star Maker. Considering it was written in the 1930's, its content is truly amazing. If you're a sci-fi fan with much experience with the genre, you'll see the seeds of countless other stories and novels contained in its pages. It deserves to be more widely known.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ahhh, yeah I can't help so much in those topics. I did see a couple threads that were along the lines of Ancient Aliens and such. Perhaps another search here using "books" or "scifi" or something? Sorry I can't remember exactly what search term I used.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Harry Turtledove's WorldWar/Colonization series. It starts out at the beginning of WWII with a alien invasion of earth.

He has been refered to as the Master of alternate history.

I've enjoyed most of his stuff. Entertaining

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I read his alternate ww2 series back in HS...he was recently the guest of honor here at ConCarolinas this year

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I take it you've read the Honor Harrington series as well.

Cut me some slack, I'm trying.

Another series I read which I can't remember the name of the author or the series, just that it was a entertaining read.

It was a three part series about a human (Laid back music artist) who gets abducted by a alien federation off the coast of Belize to help them conduct war against a opposing confederation. He resists initially and then realizes that humans are uniquely suited for combat. It ends with the aliens belately realizing it as well.
edit on 21-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Eifelheim...interesting premise about aliens who end up in Germany during the black death. Very thought provoking but it does start off a little slow.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i remember reading one years ago

which was called the second coming cant remember who

wrote it but it was a good read

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

It might be worth you taking a look at 'A Strange Encounter' by Steve Fellick. That's a novel about UFO's tracked on radar over the UK and the military interaction that follows.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join