It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Rice is a Trojan Horse: Misled by Bill Gates and Monsanto

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by EthanT

OMG ... you mean to tell me that GM foods that arent designed to increase crop yield dont, in fact, increase crop yield! I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
edit on 21-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

I would imagine you would be. Since up above, you seemed to imply you believe GMOs, as they are being used today, are going to solve the world hunger problem. When, in fact, they aren't.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This gave me a little chuckle

www.monsanto.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by EthanT

OMG ... you mean to tell me that GM foods that arent designed to increase crop yield dont, in fact, increase crop yield! I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
edit on 21-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

I would imagine you would be. Since up above, you seemed to imply you believe GMOs, as they are being used today, are going to solve the world hunger problem. When, in fact, they aren't.

Darn! Right you are .... I mean its not as if some commercially avialable (or soon to be) GM crops are drought tolerant, more nutritious, blight tolerant, or have better yields (I thought we said that wasnt true).

Silly me.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ugh! Thanks for posting this. I have Celiac Disease and can't eat gluten (wheat, barley, rye), but lately rice is giving me a rash, so I have cut that out, too. I swear, sometimes I think I should just stay away from all grains except quinoa. It's my favorite, anyway.

The conspirator in me wonders what's going on that the governments have been working on corn, soy and now rice to engineer these great amounts of dependable crops to feed a population that's... what? Is there going to be a great worldwide food shortage? What are they planning for?

Are they engineering wheat yet? Not that I'm going to eat ANY of this, but it does make me wonder what they're thinking our future holds...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Before you buy into every piece of research you find you may want to be aware of this:

www.scientificamerican.com...

Unfortunately, it is impossible to verify that genetically modified crops perform as advertised. That is because agritech companies have given themselves veto power over the work of independent researchers.

To purchase genetically modified seeds, a customer must sign an agreement that limits what can be done with them. (If you have installed software recently, you will recognize the concept of the end-user agreement.) Agreements are considered necessary to protect a company’s intellectual property, and they justifiably preclude the replication of the genetic enhancements that make the seeds unique. But agritech companies such as Monsanto, Pioneer and Syngenta go further. For a decade their user agreements have explicitly forbidden the use of the seeds for any independent research. Under the threat of litigation, scientists cannot test a seed to explore the different conditions under which it thrives or fails. They cannot compare seeds from one company against those from another company. And perhaps most important, they cannot examine whether the genetically modified crops lead to unintended environmental side effects.

Anyhow, question who is doing the research you're reading.

Then ask yourself why India has some of the most prevalent GMO research AGAINST GMOs. The very people we are supposedly helping with GMOs.

It's also important to know how the word "yield" is misused:

www.ucsusa.org...

Failure to Yield makes a critical distinction between potential—or intrinsic—yield and operational yield, concepts that are often conflated by the industry and misunderstood by others. Intrinsic yield refers to a crop’s ultimate production potential under the best possible conditions. Operational yield refers to production levels after losses due to pests, drought and other environmental factors.

The study reviewed the intrinsic and operational yield achievements of the three most common genetically altered food and feed crops in the United States: herbicide-tolerant soybeans, herbicide-tolerant corn, and insect-resistant corn (known as Bt corn, after the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, whose genes enable the corn to resist several kinds of insects).

Herbicide-tolerant soybeans, herbicide-tolerant corn, and Bt corn have failed to increase intrinsic yields, the report found. Herbicide-tolerant soybeans and herbicide-tolerant corn also have failed to increase operational yields, compared with conventional methods.

Anyhow, GMOs aren't so straightforward. I think what is also important to realize, is that most folks that are currently anti-GMO do NOT think they can never be useful. As I said in another thread.

Many folks who are anti-GMO, including me, will admit they have potential to be useful, with proper research and under the right applications. What a lot of folks oppose is the way they are being used now, and how very little research is being done to determine the safety of the GMOs before being pushed to market.

Monsantos does some supposed safety research claiming their products are safe, but then they say the results are "proprietary" and nobody is allowed to see them.

Later, when you see publicly avaible research showing the opposite - that they may not be safe - one has to wonder about how responsibly these GMOs are being used.

That's my main complaint. We have a LOT more to learn before they can be used responsibly.

edit on 21-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

I certainly hope you recognized the irony and contradiction of following a statement like question who is doing the research you're reading, with a citation from the UCS.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It would seem Ridiculously Obvious that Genetically Modified Food/Crops Sponsered by MonsterSanto and
Bill-ION-aire Fruitless Gates are causing People who have Farmed their entire lives for many Generations
and know the Diff between Good Crops and Destructive ones, gee maybe it really is a Blow to the Population
and Not a very good idea as mentioned in the article below on page 1. Ya think?

GM soya has decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GM soya. And up to 100 percent failures of Bt cotton have been recorded in India. This in turn has spurred a staggering number of suicides among India’s farmers. According to the National Crime Records Bureau of India, more than 182,900 Indian farmers took their own lives between 1997 and 2007, potentially due to GM crop failures. An estimated 46 Indian farmers commit suicide every day.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
War On Terra.

They meant it, pity not enough people were switched on to what was actually being said.

Iraq? seed bank destroyed.
Libya? seed bank destroyed.
Egypt? seed bank destroyed.

Seeing a pattern yet? its not freedom spreading, its utilising unrest to cover a covert war against humanity.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Afghanistan suffered a catastrophic seed bank loss in 2002.

www.sciencenews.org...

War on Terra indeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Genetically Engineered Rice is a Trojan Horse: Misled by Bill Gates and Monsanto

This is all about the "Culling" -- these seeds are designed not only to NOT reproduce, but to cause sterility in those who eat them -- and other malfunctions. They will create "famine by design."

Those who eat these are expected to sicken & die ... childless.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is no secret that Bill Gates has publicly stated his desire to reduce the worlds population.
While I believe each person is entitled to their own opinion enforcing it on the unwilling is wrong.
The pandora that these CEO's are releasing on our children and our children's children is an attack on humanity and these people should be brought before an international tribunal and tried for their crimes against humanity.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

S&F

though in my opinion genetically modified anything is the Trojan horse
it should be obvious, to all of us by now that Monsteranto and co. are out to destroy any kind of natural food.

another poster pointed out the destruction of seed banks in countries currently under attack

of course this was just as accidental as any civilians killed.

strange but i guess most on these GMO threads have never read Robert Silverbergs

Valentine Pontifex, part of the Majipoor_series

in this novel massive world wide crop failures occur as all food staples are contaminated by specialy bred [GM] versions of these staples are sown by the original inhabitants of Majipoor in a bid to exterminate all other races on the planet, farmers are introduced to these new wonder plants [ with a sales pitch eerily similar to the one currently used by Monsteranto] by what appear to be agricultural inspectors from the government but are really the piuvar who just happen to be shape-shifters.

pretty prophetic IMO

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0
War On Terra.

They meant it, pity not enough people were switched on to what was actually being said.

Iraq? seed bank destroyed.
Libya? seed bank destroyed.
Egypt? seed bank destroyed.

Seeing a pattern yet? its not freedom spreading, its utilising unrest to cover a covert war against humanity.

I am not in the least bit surprised by this or Bill Gates involvement in it. Does no one remember Svalbad? Bill Gates has invested Millions in ensuring he and whoever is left have plenty of good food to eat!!

globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I bought 400 lbs of non-gmo rice from the market in Little India in SoCal.
Here is a link to one of many suppliers who have non-GMO rice. Ask the owner to verify what he stocks is non gmo.
Nice one BTS!
m.alibaba.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I fell out with Bill Gates and friends when I discovered how much cash they were putting into "family planning" or Uegenics. Anything that Man or company puts its cash into is an absolute crock with either negative impacts or his competors and small businesses in the area of IT or negative impacts onto the everyday person.

lest we forget he is a billderburger after all.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

i find it really sad and digusting that monsanto has done this with gmo. it was origionaly designed to help people but now monsanto has found a way to mae money off it and has treated farmers like # to do it. and now theyve just found a new way to do it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Ethan T, great info, thanks for posting.

Some folks just cant understand why Monsanto keeps advancing even though
they continue to be exposed for what they are, a greedy heartless corporation,
bent on destruction to the natural food supply at any cost to "us", while they gain
patents, and monopilies.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

It's time to become vegetation vigilantes! Rip out what is unnatural. Kill the GMO!

I am astounded that some Humans believe it's ok to kill other Humans. Maybe They aren't Human to begin with...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
The GM crop menace is very scary indeed. For it's financial and environmental ramifications. Thanks for posting this. S&F.

My wife and I are currently trying to grow our first season of heirloom GM free seeds. We've run into a few hiccups but we will learn. I have a feeling this stuff will be like living gold very soon.

Also, I've been trying to find 20 or 40 pound bags of GM free rice at the stores but can't seem to find any information on the net. If anyone has a clue, let me in on it

Thanks again.

You may always wanna try to move to a GM free country... like any of your choice in Europe.

Sorry to say but in the USA you (they) are poisoning yourself day by day with all that crappy food you have to eat.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT
This gave me a little chuckle

www.monsanto.com...
Chuckle indeed! I loved THIS line:

Resources such as land, water and energy are limited

Yeah... Land is so scarce We could each have 1/4 acre in Australia (4% of land mass EXcluding Antarctica) and still have a chunk left over. We could fit the volume of the whole Human race into a small side canyon at the Grand Canyon, and still have room in that canyon. Land is so scarce.

Water... The planet is full of it! If We had Dean Kamen's water purifier available, water would not be an issue so much and...

Energy. We swim in it. It is everywhere. The plenum energy or, as some call it, zero point energy, energy from the "vacuum," radiant energy (Tesla), orgone energy (Reich) and other names - Ki, Chi, Prana - but the extraction methods are suppressed and hidden.

Still... We have all We need. It's just very badly distributed. But Monsanto wants Us to believe there are shortages. They'll tell Us anything, eh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join