It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Engineered Rice is a Trojan Horse: Misled by Bill Gates and Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Genetically Engineered Rice is a Trojan Horse: Misled by Bill Gates and Monsanto

www.foodconsumer.org

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has approved $20 million in new monies toward the development of "golden rice" -- an untested, highly controversial GE (genetically engineered) crop that threatens biodiversity and risks bringing economic and ecological disaster to Asia's farms.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Illegal Spread Of GM Rice Alarms Chinese Officials
Genetically Engineered Food Alters Our Digestive Systems!

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So we have Bill Gates donatiing 20 million dollars to further develop a "new" GMO rice, teaming up with MONSANTO which constantly works to monopolize the world's food supply with expensive GM seeds that have to be purchased each year and require expensive chemical "fertilizers".

Not to mention that the fertilizers, and the Round Up needed to "maintain" these crops have
been strongly linked to cause birth defects, soil and plant disease.

Even if this rice otherwise could be found to be safe, which is impossible - but somewhere a study will be "tweaked" - a person would have to eat 16 pounds a day to gain the Viatmain A from it thats needed!

In fact, it has been suggested that malnourished people might not convert beta carotene to vitamin A efficiently, which blows the usefulness of golden rice clearly out of the water, as its intended recipients are virtually guaranteed to be malnourished.

Further, a person would need to eat an unrealistic amount of rice each day -- upwards of 16 pounds a day-- to get the recommended amount of vitamin A

Not to mention that GMO rice is already out of control in China, and just a few days
ago it was published they are now "alramed" at the spead of illegal GMO rice.

There is a reason the GMO rice is illegal - its BT rice, a transgenic strain that has not been approved for commercial growing and should not be in human food, which contains a poison that kills butterflies and moths, not to mention that it is a trigger in humans for severe allergic reactions.

And the scary part is they claim they want to help poor undernourished people in "third world" countires!

I think its time we rename the Georgia Guidstones as The Georgia Tombstones!

www.foodconsumer.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The GM crop menace is very scary indeed. For it's financial and environmental ramifications. Thanks for posting this. S&F.

My wife and I are currently trying to grow our first season of heirloom GM free seeds. We've run into a few hiccups but we will learn. I have a feeling this stuff will be like living gold very soon.

Also, I've been trying to find 20 or 40 pound bags of GM free rice at the stores but can't seem to find any information on the net. If anyone has a clue, let me in on it

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I wish you the best with your efforts to grow your own food!
Star and flags for you and yours.

Last I checked there is a large natural food chain store - yes the controversial Whole Foods
that was selling large bags on non GMO rice. I dont think there is much GMO rice on the market
here in the U.S. yet, at least not openly labeled as such, there is quite the stir about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Someone needs to stick Bill Gates feet in boiling oil. And people actually believe he wants to help the poor. It's quite obvious that he has contempt for them when you look deeper into his charities and foundations chosen objectives.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

And the scary part is they claim they want to help poor undernourished people in "third world" countires!

This is always what they claim but these people are either used as test subjects or they take their natural resources.

Whenever Monsantos gets involved it's never to help people. It's always to reduce or take away something...
edit on 21-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Anyone that "LOVES" vaccines to reduce population has some evil in them don't you think?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if we're going to win the battle against GMO.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Some of the environmental lobbyists of the western nations are the salt of the earth, but many of them are elitists. They have never experienced the physical sensation of hunger. They do their lobbying from comfortable office suites in Washington or Brussels. If they lived just one month amid the misery of the developing world, as I have for fifty years, they would be crying out for tractors, and fertilizer, and irrigation canals, and be outraged that fashionable elitists back home were trying to deny them these things - Norman Bourlag

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

For the sake fo the worlds hungry, lets hope you dont.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Yep because Monsanto has exactly the type of reputation along with mister "charitable" Gates to make third world conditions any better.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Burntheships

I am with in on the stance against GM foods and bioproducts in general. Gene manipulation is a very serious thing to consider.

I recall articles about seed banks being created, perhaps this threat to natural biodiversity was foreseen by those stockpilers, and some form of seed arks are scattered for our benefit.

I know I refuse to support GM being in the same sentence as FDA.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is corporate fascism on humanity. Down with Monsanto.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/158820de9576.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 21-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

How bout some "vaccinations" instead... start with the three swine flu shots,
then move on to whooping couph, and just to be on the safe side give him
a shot for hepatitus C.

That should do it, and maybe a few days at a special spa where they serve GMO soy
special, with some nice GMO corn salsa...and a splash of GMO Canola dressing.

Then clean him up with some tricloscan body wash.

edit on 21-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Add wheat and corn to the list; they too are a trojan horse

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by burntheships

This is always what they claim but these people are either used as test subjects or they take their natural resources.

Whenever Monsantos gets involved it's never to help people. It's always to reduce or take away something...

Yep, Monsanto! No Food Shall Be Grown That We Dont Own!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
and remember they feed GMO to livestock too

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by EthanT

For the sake fo the worlds hungry, lets hope you dont.

Myth #3: GM crops have higher yields

GM crop seeds currently on the market do not increase yields, and are not designed to. In fact, GM crops typically render lower yields.

For example, GM soya has decreased yields by up to 20 percent compared with non-GM soya. And up to 100 percent failures of Bt cotton have been recorded in India. This in turn has spurred a staggering number of suicides among India’s farmers. According to the National Crime Records Bureau of India, more than 182,900 Indian farmers took their own lives between 1997 and 2007, potentially due to GM crop failures. An estimated 46 Indian farmers commit suicide every day.

Additionally, recent studies by scientists from the USDA and the University of Georgia found that growing GM cotton in the U.S. can result in a drop in income by up to 40 percent.

An ad that recently ran during the American Public Media show Marketplace, sponsored by Monsanto, the world’s largest corporate agribusiness chemical firm, touted how Monsanto’s genetically modified (GM) seeds are going to save the world from environmental catastrophe and human hunger.

The Monsanto ads are, quite simply, false. The premise of the ad is that Monsanto’s GM seeds are going to save the world from environmental catastrophe and human hunger, but the reality of Monsanto’s seeds and the company’s ethics and commitment to fighting world hunger have little to do with either.

Source

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Burntheships

I know I refuse to support GM being in the same sentence as FDA.

Thanks for your support, and your comments.

It should scare us silly that the FDA has in its highest positions those from the revolving
door of Monsanto. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

OMG ... you mean to tell me that GM foods that arent designed to increase crop yield dont, in fact, increase crop yield! I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
edit on 21-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join