It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19-year-old arrested over Sony hack, London police say (lulzsec)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

19-year-old arrested over Sony hack, London police say (lulsec)

www.cnn.com

London (CNN) -- A teenager has been arrested near London in connection with the hacking of Sony, London's Metropolitan Police said Tuesday.

The 19-year-old is suspected of hacking into systems and mounting denial of service attacks against "a number of international businesses and intelligence agencies," police said. Naming suspects who have been arrested in Britain is illegal.

Sony's PlayStation Network went down on April 20 after what Sony said was a massive data breach. It had more than 70 million subscribers at the time.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com
edit on 21-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seems these hackers arent all that protected as they think. With the recenet joining of forces between lulzsec and anonymous, something tells me that they are going to be their own worst enemy. Especially coming on the heels of one of their members being upset and releasing the names of over 600 anonymous members.

While I agree these people have pretty good computer skills, why do they think they are untouchable / untraceable?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So I wonder if this is the guy who bought the $1200 plane ticket to Greece with the credit card we had registered with Sony....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
According to LulzSec twitter feed this kid isn't affiliated with them

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

AnonyOps chimes in:

@AnonyOps
Anonymous
@danielhewitt they knew he wasn't the ringleader but they probably have enough evidence on others now

edit on 6/21/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
posted into wrong topic, please ignore...
edit on 6/21/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Naming suspects who have been arrested in Britain is illegal.
First, kudos to that policy. It sort of takes "innocent until proven guilty" to a whole new level. Sometimes I think people are convicted in the "court of public opinion" when their name is released even before their trail. Maybe other countries should adopt a policy like that?

Some of the correspondence showed British rather than American English spellings, so I thought it would either turn out to be someone in Europe, or someone in America pretending to be from Europe.

I can't condone what he did so if he's innocent I hope he gets a fair trial and if he's guilty, I hope the punishment is appropriate for what he did.

It would be interesting to learn the details about how they tracked him down, though we may never know. This may just go to show that some of these folks may not be as anonymous as they think they are.

top topics

join