It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is It That The Military Uses Lead Based On It's Bases Yet Is Illegal For Civilian Use?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

I have always thought this very thing! Our heat signatures too are harder to detect and so from the air they can determine how many are hiding in a building! I saw this done in California in the 80's via police helicopters; they would show it done on the local News.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd just like to say that this is not something that is widespread. I know for a fact (first hand account) that the government employs contractors that have lead abatement licenses for the purpose of removing the old lead paint on base housing. Same goes for asbestos.

Really, this is silly. Metal structures like bridges are routinely painted in lead paint for the simple fact that it lasts as long as it does. I think the tin foil hat is a little tight on this one.

ETA: Also, they most certainly do not use lead based paint when repainting buildings. I can't say that all bases are this way, but the ones I have intimate knowledge of do not.
edit on 6/21/2011 by glitch88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Contamination from lead based products, in the civilian market, could lead to class action lawsuits against the makers under health and safety legislation.
Use of lead based products by the military is fine, I mean, after all, they're just grunts right and give up any rights soon as they sign on the dotted line. And anyway, the government will line up experts and lawyers to refute any damage done to ex servicemen and women.

Lead based paint on a building is not going to protect it from radiation, EMP, microwaves or mosqitoes!
edit on 21-6-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

There are only a few countries that still use leaded fuel and most of them are phasing it out.

So my point still stands.

Lead is bad, that's why it's not used in things it used to be anymore, no government scheme to zap us with microwaves here.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ahh....have to correct my post.

LEAD will not block the 2.4ghz frequency ranges used by wireless networks.

LEAD paint would block radiation and THERMAL IMAGING CAMERAS.

Maybe LEAD was the secret ingredient put on our military's Battle Dress Uniform to give it special anti-thermal properties for awhile until it was washed a few times?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Lead is bad, that's why it's not used in things it used to be anymore, no government scheme to zap us with microwaves here.

Why is LEAD still used on America's cars as wheel weights? as they fling off along America's roads and end up getting into the water table. Also WHY is LEAD still used for fishing sinkers, jig heads? and used in our waterways?

LEAD PAINT was banned because the Government wanted to look inside. It was on the Alex Jones show, some ex-CIA guy said so.

If the US Military still uses it....it's got a purpose. Doing some googling appears the marijuana crowd is into making their own lead paint to hide their plants from the thermal imaging cameras....
edit on 21-6-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sorry but i dont think the government would ban a certain type of paint, just so they could "look into our houses". As for lead paint blocking thermal imaging cameras, sorry but it just wouldnt work. If anybody wanted to look into your life, i very much doubt they would have any problems bypassing a lick of paint on the walls. Even if by some chance you managed to get enough lead paint on your walls to be able to block anything, such as people peeking into your internet usage, not only would they just be able to get in through your ip address, but you would also have to block all of your windows.
Not much of an existence really, and if you have something you really want to hide that badly, there are better ways of doing it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Oh yeah, as for the weed farmers using it to block thermal imaging, lead conducts heat, so using it in an attic for example would make it even more visible

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Actually, my Dad used to eat paint chips when he was a kid.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Actually I never intended to get into the "does lead based paint keep out surveilance debate", I was wondering why is it ok for the military to use when we can't. And in these days where so many suspect the governments (ours and Japan) are lying to us about the levels of radiation coming out of Japan, lead based paint may become the lesser of two evils.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join