It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange User Account Control message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
my computer received about 10 requests to edit User Account Control as commonly seen in the dialogue box that JavaScript or Windows uses to install an update or add-on around 3:10 pm ET on june 20..

except that where it says Program Name: was followed by "setup9839820983.exe" or something to this extent, i regrettably did not write down or print screen the exact file names.. i know it began with 'setup' and was followed by a string of numbers. each number was different after i clicked 'No'

i assume it is a virus or something.

all requests were back-to-back, and i clicked 'No' each time successively. i am not very computer savvy, i am just posting this to see if others had similar circumstances around the same time because this is an anomaly to me. maybe they just want me to update something

this is my introductory post as well, though ive perused the site much and frequently.

any thoughts??

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well dose it say anything like publisher as in publisher:java or windows or something?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

yes i forgot to mention that the publisher was unknown

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This forum is for introductions only.

Originally posted by andboycott
this is my introductory post as well, though ive perused the site much and frequently.

I don't think this counts as an introduction.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andboycott
my computer received about 10 requests to edit User Account Control as commonly seen in the dialogue box that JavaScript or Windows uses to install an update or add-on around 3:10 pm ET on june 20..

except that where it says Program Name: was followed by "setup9839820983.exe" or something to this extent, i regrettably did not write down or print screen the exact file names.. i know it began with 'setup' and was followed by a string of numbers. each number was different after i clicked 'No'

i assume it is a virus or something.

all requests were back-to-back, and i clicked 'No' each time successively. i am not very computer savvy, i am just posting this to see if others had similar circumstances around the same time because this is an anomaly to me. maybe they just want me to update something

any thoughts??

Sounds like a virus or spyware. Run your anti virus and spyware program afterwards to clean your computer. When you see this type of activity pop up your computer is already affected.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: edit

new topics

top topics

join