It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Nuclear Regulators Fail To Enforce Weakened Safety Laws And Some Of You Want More Regulators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
U.S. Nuclear Regulators Weaken Safety Rules, Fail To Enforce Them: AP Investigation

Time after time, officials at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission have decided that original regulations were too strict, arguing that safety margins could be eased without peril, according to records and interviews

The result? Rising fears that these accommodations by the NRC are significantly undermining safety – and inching the reactors closer to an accident that could harm the public and jeopardize the future of nuclear power in the United States.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Guys it's time to wake up, those that are for more regulations really need to start looking at what we have today, which is a much more dangerous world than before.

You create more regulators then you create more lobbying avenues for rich people, the same ones you hate
You want bigger govt. instead of free market? Then you give more power to the same rich people you hate.

Too many are so brainwashed into thinking expanding govt. is the answer to anything, sometimes I really think i'm the twillight zone.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think we all just want the perfect world, the perfect situation. Better regulation with increased safety without giving empowerment. We can't have one without the other, and that is why we are screwed no matter what we do.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Too many are so brainwashed into thinking expanding govt. is the answer to anything, sometimes I really think i'm the twillight zone.

you said it

this country has gone stupid and we are along for the stupid ride.

no no dont you dare shrink government INCREASE IT!

and they tell me im the dumb one.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok, lets see if I can follow your logic:
A cop gets bribed, and looks the other way when crimes are comitted.
Your solution to this problem:
Close the police station.
Erm... nope, don't get it.
Free market is a great approach to nuclear savety! "After 8 reactor meltdowns, the stocks for Acme Nuke Ltd are plumetting. Investors demand an image campaign"

new topics

top topics

join