It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If, God was the loser and the Devil won.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This thread was posted and got me to thinking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you to newcovenant for posting it. I've always wondered something like that but in a different way. The thought came to me after playing a video game, and yeah I'm sure I got some people frothing at the mouth. It was Grandia 2 I think, but in the game, the god of the game, and the devil of the game got in a fight a huge one, and that there was a huge scar across the land. Well a religion popped up around this, and of course the good god wins and banishes the devil, but as you come to find out the good god actually died, and the devil to weak from the fight to continue his devil ways split himself up and went into rest/hiding, and started the religion to feed and give him strength.

So I've always thought and wondered that if maybe something like that didn't happen. God/what ever deity that is in charge of watching out for us fell in battle and died. And the Devil/Lucifer/Satan or what every have you actually took over. Started the religion to gain strength and followers and tried to pull the strings behind the scenes.
To me it always made sense if you think of it that way, look at all the evil, the mean, the bad we have, look at religion themselves, there is a lot of bad in that too. Yes I know there is good, but for every one good thing you hear, it always pales to the 10 bad things you hear about.

I also think even if that isn't true, say the battle went how the bible said, or he was just wounded, but why would god not care? why plan things in certain ways. Why give a family a baby just to take it back 2-3 months early. Why let men slander and go to war using his name, and his voice. Why let man walk all over his creations, like there isn't a care in the world. For that matter on the other hand, why would the devil punish people who follow and worship him for a god, he not longer loves or cares for to help god prove a point. Mean being a deity wouldn't he kinda want his followers to do his bidding, to cause mischief, and hate and what have you. For that matter if a person is truly evil and truly believes in the Devil wouldn't it make more sense for them to want to go to hell for them it would be heaven and he would welcome them in open arms, I dont think and evil person would want to go to heaven.

I'm not saying I'm an atheist my beliefs are kinda weird, I believe in something might be out there and that there are guardians, and I believer in life after death/reincarnation or moving on. I also believe in a few other things but this was just my thought and my two cents.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When I look around me and see the world - I'd say there is no 'What If' about it. The Devil already won and nobody is fighting back.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Than we all die and burn in hell I would imagine?

Deebo

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
that's simple. If it were possible.. I think we'd all be screwed. Blood executions, sacrifices.. there would be blood!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why do people blame God for everything bad that happens???

Everything bad is caused by man. We pollute the air and the oceans and wonder why a baby is born deformed or ill.

We are the ones that go to war and kill each other.

We are the ones that allow half the worlds population to starve to death or die of disease.

Perhaps God is watching to see how much we care and what we will do about it.

Perhaps those who die are the lucky ones going home.

Perhaps they chose to come here to help teach their Parents or Mankind some valuable lesson.

Perhaps we will never learn the lessons - so it goes on and on until we do.

Perhaps instead of blaming God for the bad things we should Thank Him for the Good Things - but how many do - and then we wonder why it carries on.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Why do people blame God for everything bad that happens???

Everything bad is caused by man. We pollute the air and the oceans and wonder why a baby is born deformed or ill.

We are the ones that go to war and kill each other.

We are the ones that allow half the worlds population to starve to death or die of disease.

Perhaps God is watching to see how much we care and what we will do about it.

Perhaps those who die are the lucky ones going home.

Perhaps they chose to come here to help teach their Parents or Mankind some valuable lesson.

Perhaps we will never learn the lessons - so it goes on and on until we do.

Perhaps instead of blaming God for the bad things we should Thank Him for the Good Things - but how many do - and then we wonder why it carries on.

awesome post we are on the same page

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Assuming you believe in those ghost stories, I did always find it amusing that "of course" God wins, and apparently the Devil (who no doubt has heard of the bible anyway) was more than happy to just be a pawn in the play. Never made sense to me, but hey, I never looked to the bible for a helluva lot of logic.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've always wondered this as well, I guess in the end, we just have to accept that both good and evil occur with a more tendency for evil, since its easier to be evil than good. Plus, if prescribe God the human characteristic of "losing" He wouldn't be God after all right? =D Another way to look at it is if understand what good actually is. It's like sweet and bitter. You can't know what sweet is unless you taste the bitter and vice versa, but that's what I think, pretty enlightening post though my friend! Keep them coming

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If you believe in the Christian afterlife, you must believe that God is the Judge Jury and Executioner; there can be no appeal on judgement day; you can bring no laywers.

Perhaps if God is as merciful as they claim, he'd choose rehabilitation over capitalist punishment, especially considering it's his own creation.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

Well, the Bible records a "War in Heaven," it doesn't say it ended, or who won the war.
I have had the same thoughts myself. And the Biblical God seems like a spoiled child, doesn't he?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
OP you're missing the whole point. Key word is (God the loser) How is that possible? That would mean God would have to create a being better than himself.

That would mean, I mean think about it. We have love in our souls. Who put it there? Why did God give us love and teach us love if he's a loser? Why put it in us.

Obviously Satan is working on your mind. You're a confused soul, as we all are soetimes, still searching in life.

And I beg to differ about 10 bad things for every good thing. The contrary. there have been millions of saints and very few bad instances in the Church compared to their good harmless works.

good day.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I don't believe in a afterlife like that, and my personal belief is that we are what we make of things. We make our own heaven and our own hell. I believe more toward we move on to something else, be it another stage, or reincarnation or someplace else entirely. Plus I don't believe in good and evil as black and white but all blends into gray.

It's more like to me, there are guardians they have some powers, they might be a deity sort, or extra terrestrial in sort. But they have powers beyond a normal man but aren't nearly as omnipowerful like a god.. Angels and demons would be like their avatars and what have you. And there is many layers to it, and I guess the closest real religion to compare my beliefs would be Wiccan.

I guess my belief kinda contradicts my thought here, but it's kinda complicated to explain what I believe in.

Was just kinda thinking about it, mean we weren't there. The bible doesn't really explain what happen who one or lost we just assume. And we make a lot of assumptions when it comes to religion. A lot of people think they speak for god, or do god will and bidding. God says Islam is bad, god says gays are bad, god said we go to war. Oh your Jewish to bad god doesn't like that. Plus I remember as a kid, god was merciful and forgiving and loved everything, even the bad things because that was his way. But it seems like that isn't the same god, and what kind of person with those powers would let people talk like that. Make assumptions on your name, give a family a baby to take it away again. Just doesn't seem like a good guy thing to do, more like something some one bad would do.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Quedup.. you got some understanding.

It's amazing how little creatures who God gives life can blame God for everything because their understanding is not there. Instead of ask for it, they blame and rebel.

God gave life. First of all. he can take it any way he choses. Old age from cancer if he allows, car crash if he allows, earthquake. The bottom line is we ALL die eventually.

you can't blame God for death. it happens to everyone.

The soul the finds understanding, God will start supllying it to their minds and he will explain why he does or aloows what he does for the human race.

take care,
edit on 20-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

I didn't mean loser as in loser, I meant that he lost the battle with Lucifer. And plus we assume god is all powerful all knowing. I don't think that is true. I think yes if he/she/it is real. It has powers, but it also has limits. Mean if he was so all knowing and powerful that means he knew Lucifer would eventually rebel. He would know men was going to take things in his name. So I dont think he is all powerful just stronger then we can comprehend.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

How is that possible? That would mean God would have to create a being better than himself.

And the God of religions appears to be in favour of creating beings worse than himself, and punishing them for their inferiority, unless they agree to submit to one specific man-made description of God.

The bible's kill statistics show that God is the worse offender:-

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OP My bad I misread the headline.

"And the God of religions appears to be in favour of creating beings worse than himself, and punishing them for their inferiority, unless they agree to submit to one specific man-made description of God.

The bible's kill statistics show that God is the worse offender:- "

(awakeandaware)

Well because your understanding doesn't exist. He didn't make them worse. They chose it. they chose a life without grace. Without grace the soul has no fealings, no love. He gives graces away to those who will accept them and then they would find God doesn't want submission but a mutual friend relationship.

God can't kill. He made life and can take it away.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedite
. Mean if he was so all knowing and powerful that means he knew Lucifer would eventually rebel. He would know men was going to take things in his name. So I dont think he is all powerful just stronger then we can comprehend.

This is one of the reasons that God is all knowing.

Lessons cannot be fully experienced until they are fully experienced.

God give all things the covenant of free will so that our souls journey is learned through experience and not "lecture".

College is great but pails in comparison to real life experience.

Gods greatest instructor is Satan. Or "Santa" they are both the same just the letters are rearranged,

top topics

join