It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Those In FLA. Really Wanted to Feed The Homeless. . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
. . .they would do what I had to do. Get a permit to do so. A few years ago, I did the same thing. . .and the cops came to see what was going on. What they found is that my wife and I were making sandwiches and providing drinks to a local group of homeless people. They let us go that night, but said we'd need a vending license or permit to contunue.

You see, weird as it sounds, the cops are really wanting to protect the homeless. Yeah, apparentlY at some point in time, local people gathered to try and erradicate homeless people, because they were a burden on beautiful cities. So, local folk would sometimes come out, and set fire to these "tent cities"

Since that type of murder could happen, who's to say that someone might not attempt to poison them as well? Perhaps some of these people are just seeking attention from the media? Either way, they should be stopped, and spend their time looking for the "correct" venue in which they might succeed in what what supposed to be their original goal. . . .which is to FEED THE HOMELESS!
edit on 19-6-2011 by Divine Strake because: Rent for the Homeless is Too Damn High!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
. . .they would do what I had to do. Get a permit to do so.

This has been mentioned a couple of times in the thread already running on this topic, so why does your comment need a thread of its own?
Does everyone need to start a new thread if they want to say something unoriginal about a topic?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

"cops are really wanting to protect the homeless"

Cannot speak for Florida, but here in Indianapolis, cops literally mess with the homeless like its a sport. Use to feed them at the War Memorial downtown, which resides on the busiest road throughout the city. People saw what others were doing and donations/help tripled. Well some were annoyed and soon the police made us move down three streets and could not be on public property. Thankfully someone let each group setup shop everyday in their parking lot.

Here's where it gets interesting. The police know the schedule of feeding times for everyday. So sometimes to discourage the homeless, why they all come to eat some food, the police storm their tent cities and take everything. Their id's, clothing (mostly given to them by charities), tents, boxes, etc. They take everything, and simply throw it away. Here to protect and serve huh, it's really depressing it has gone this far. So I disagree with your opinion, solely on my experience and what I've seen here in my town.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You know,I dont care about the homeless.They should have noticed when the red letters started coming.

If I became homeless I would kill myself,so I would not have to eat badly cooked cheap hand out food.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread on this topic - HERE.

Closed.
edit on June 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join