It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU Ever Lied About UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Since we have hundreds and hundreds of stories about UFO's and aliens that appear wild or even fictional, I wanted to check out if any ATS users are ready to admit/confess they have made up a false story, be it here or at another forum or in "real life."

I realize there are different sorts of motives for making up a tale, be it a will to lead people astray or feeling special... Any bright person could make up a story here and even appear convincing to a point, and watch as people S&F him and go amazed and ask for further details... I wouldn't do that myself, I think it's not healthy in a sense.

I actually made up a tale/joke at my teens, having just divorced from my first love, I was feeling beaten and miserable, I did anything I could to gain her attention, even told about witnessing a UFO (or tracks of a UFO) in a forest with my dad at childhood. Just one sms and nothing that makes me a 'hoaxer', but it got me thinking maybe some people living thru traumatic times feel a need to make up stories in serious fashion.

I have sort of got frustrated looking for evidence of ET (altough it's fun entertainment at times) because despite all the remarcable stories nothing seems to "happen" publicly, it remains a subject of laughter in the mainstream, and clearly there are lots of tales out there, and I'm tired of wasting time reading them.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

As cool as it would be to make up a lie about something so crazy as UFO's, I've decided to not do it, as it can ruin credibility, and just perpetuate disinformation.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nope. I have never seen a UFO in the outerspace alien sense and honestly, I don't see where the fun would be in lying about seeing one. Same with ghosts and the paranormal. Now I have experienced ghostly activity. But before I start telling everyone what I just seen or heard, I do my best to "debunk" it. I try to find a logical explination first. And if I can't, then I tell them what I seen or heard and stress that, although weird, it may or may not be paranormal activity. I do it more for me. Cuz if I allow myself to believe that a ghost is knocking on my door and get all excited, only to find out that it was my cat's leg hitting the door whenever she scratched her ear, I'd feel so stupid.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO, and never claimed to see a UFO, so no, I have not lied about such things.

I sure hope I do see one eventually, though.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes...I have lied about UFO's...I told my youngest daughter they don't exist and that given enough time and scientific data, any object can be identified!

I reserve the right to corrupt her later in life!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes I lied in saying that I've never seen one.

But I have.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Its very good of you to be so truthful and share a story like that. What you did is just another part of our human naure. I'm am sure there are many people who have been in similar situations.

Never made up something about UFO's myself. Have seen a few strange things in the sky but always try and find a reasonable explanation. There is still one or two incidents i could not figure out but if i was pushed I would probably have to admit they were more than lightly of this world.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
no here

i have never seen one with the naked eye

but have captured one on film once

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've seen two "aliens" on separate occasions and I was telling the truth about what I saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

not to go off topic

but the signature line you have

where was this Kissinger quote from?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Yes I lied in saying that I've never seen one.

But I have.

If I ever see one I will never tell anyone. First of no one will believe me and think I am a nut and second I do not want TPTB watching me to see what I say about it. So if I ever see one I will pretend it never happened. There is no point in telling any one about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by Jonas86

Its very good of you to be so truthful and share a story like that. What you did is just another part of our human naure. I'm am sure there are many people who have been in similar situations.

Exactly, and once I remembered that incident, I started thinking maybe many of these self-proclaimed UFO-witnesses are simply living through traumatic time in their life and then this happens for some reason such as desperate need to getting heard / gaining attention... It was weird indeed, but it was only one long sms and partly humorous, so I wouldn't count myself as a UFO hoaxer coming out of the closet, but it gave me view-point to the possible motives of telling a story.

Having read thru multiple articles about UFO's I developed a feeling that some of them seem somehow very similar in style. I started thinking maybe we have one or two people out there who are incredibly obsessed with lying about UFOs and make up these extremely detailed and credible-looking stories that ultimately fail to have true substance.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can recount 5 disk events, and two White Light Orb events. I have attempted to relay them with the utmost integrity I posses. No, I have not lied about any of it!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by studio500

Exactly the same here, I lied not because I didn't want to be seen as a nut who has seen a UFO but because I didn't like the person I was talking to at the time.

Guess this wasn't what the OP had in mind, oh well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've seen lots of lots of UFO's more than I can count, I've never lied even once about it and never talked about it before I had my first experience. Talking about seeing UFO's already makes me look stupid I hardly ever tell anyone, Maybe one or two people so I don't see any reason why I would lie about it.

edit: I lie all the time saying I've never seen them. Star for the same comment above.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And of course the point of this thread is not whether it was "real" or not what you saw, but whether you have ever made up a story out of thin air. There is the psychological scenario where a person really does "see" something, but it only happens in his mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I've lied about seeing something. I mean, I saw something then pretending I didn't. It was just because it was scary and I didn't want to think about it. It wasn't a UFO - it was a goddamn 7 foot tall THING argh see I mentioned it to my friends afterwards then pretended to make it up because they were either thinking me crazy or wanting to go check it out further - and if you seen this thing you'd want no more to do with it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why lie about something where credibility is everything. If a single person knowingly lied about a UFO sighting I would have to say like the boy who cried wolf any other (real or not) testimony from that person in the future has to be thrown out simply because its possibly tainted.

Having seen what I think are possibly 3 UFO's over the last 20+ years each time ive talked about them I present the evidence as I saw it and thats that. Why embellish it to make it sound sexy.

So no ive never lied about UFO's... that being said id say 80% of the 'personal encounter' style stuff posted here on ATS about the subject are people with over active imaginations suffering from boredom or a serious need for attention, or trolls.

And its getting worse every month. (you know the ones... "Ive spoken to 10 kinds of Aliens and they told me there's 15 species in total etc" "Aliens visit me for breakfast every morning!" "Aliens are real but they come from another dimension and can appear at will i have proof!, I know this because I have connections... trust me i do but I cant tell you any of it Believe me!" **sigh** and the majority of us on here go and then tell them 'interesting story tell me more' or 'I believe you since its like my own delusion').

edit on 19-6-2011 by BigfootNZ because: meh

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
"Ive spoken to 10 kinds of Aliens and they told me there's 15 species in total etc" "Aliens visit me for breakfast every morning!" "Aliens are real but they come from another dimension and can appear at will i have proof!, I know this because I have connections... trust me i do but I cant tell you any of it Believe me!" **sigh** and the majority of us on here go and then tell them 'interesting story tell me more' or 'I believe you since its like my own delusion').

And that "I have proof because I'm special but I can't tell it to you regular people."

It would be enlightening if at least one person came forth and confessed having created a hoax.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a sane person knows they lie, they just might not be ethical or have any integrity.
Some one who's nuts may truly think they see something or live something others that are right beside them may have not.
Ufology will bring out hordes of nuts, so you just have to sift through the stories and choose the ones that sound interesting.

A lie is only effective if others believe, but majority of people really and truthfully could careless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join