It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on? Crazy Time Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've heard about this before, my girlfriend suffered from it last year, now it's me who's experiencing this phenomena.
At least 4 times a day, if not more, when I look at a clock it says:

08:08
12:12
17:17

Can someone explain this or does someone else experience the same?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Probability says it can happen to anyone at any time...If you ask me and I mean this politely you are reading too much into this. I couldn't help but chuckle...maybe you have too much time on your hands and should go and find something else to do.....

Maybe Google 'probability' on the web.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There ya go

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
lol it's just your subconsciousness and internal clock playing tricks on you.

A while ago I trained mine to get to 00:07 on the alarm clock, just by getting to watch it every time on that specific time, I was able to see that time every night. Now I stopped concentrating on it it doesn't happen anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

It is nothing paranormal.

It is called coincidence.

It's a great question! (I remember being obsessed with the display of my digital watch when I was a kid). One possibility is that a pattern (like 11:11) is always more memorable than a non-pattern (like 14:53). So we end up cumulatively remembering the patterns and forgetting the non-patterns and over time we think to ourselves how weird it is that we tend to see patterns all the time!

There may be another effect here too. I conjecture that if you look at the clock at random then the digits are far more likely to contain a pattern then we imagine. This is because a higher proportion of possible combinations of times contain a pattern than we think. This effect is magnified because for digital time displays low digits are much more common than high numbers. (Hours digits only count up to 23 and minutes digits only count to 59). Indeed this effect is borne out by the examples in that email. Notice how in all of the examples - 12:34, 13:13, 15:15, 11;11 - the digits are small: there are many 1's but not a single 6, 7, 8 or 9. If most of the time the digital display features only small digits, then patterns are much more likely to occur.

source

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Forgot to mention and yes it has happened to me....one night i remember waking up at 11:11, 2:22, 3:33 etc...but I didn't read too much into it...pure co-incidence

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think its like an internal alarm clock. i havent needed an alarm clock since i was a kid...even to this day i wake up a 7am like clockwork.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

There was a thread a couple months back with a similar basis. As I read it I looked at the time on my phone and it was eerily in relation to that thread. Now I read your thread and although it's gone a couple minutes, when I started reading checked the clock.... It read 23:32. Cool huh! That's twice now on ATS its happened to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
happens to me all the time as well... but i just realised the simple fact that i am different from the rest of you and probably preety soon i'll be the emperor of this solar system.

Or thats just me...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Same here....I wake up at 6.00am on the dot everyday. I think we do have an internal clock to a degree...but I would not place any beliefs on the OP 's concerns.....I am sure the 11:11, 2:22 etc happens to loads of peeps.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Same here....I wake up at 6.00am on the dot everyday. I think we do have an internal clock to a degree...but I would not place any beliefs on the OP 's concerns.....I am sure the 11:11, 2:22 etc happens to loads of peeps.

Peace

I think our internal clocks are incredibly accurate and reliable, if we let them be. We evolved for tens of thousands of years without alarm clocks, I think instinctively people just have a good time sense built-in.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It happens to me too, but it only usually happens twice a day that i look. and its 4:20. No joke.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
It happens to me too, but it only usually happens twice a day that i look. and its 4:20. No joke.

Ya i notice 4:20 all the time too. then time seems to fade for a few hours. Then i usually munch out lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thats how it usually is! haha. Look up at the clock.. "Oh shiz, 4:20?!" and then off to lala land.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

A lot of good replies on this topic. The brains a very powerful tool and it's very aware of clock time. Over the years, when i'm lying in bed getting ready to fall asleep, i've trained my brain to wake up. Just like setting an alarm clock. Comes in really handy when you forget to set a real clock. Try it yourself. If you wanna wake up at 7am, just say it to yourself a few times when lyin in bed "I'm going to wake up at 7am, i'm going to wake up at 7am, etc, etc".

But I've had similar experience to yourself with regard to clocks. I find that I glance at the clock a second before it switches minutes. It is not coincidence. It is a self created mechanism, which gets reinforced the more you believe in it.

I love the brain

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok, it could be my internal clock, but what about the recent email I got at 11:11 and today I filled my truck with diesel at an unmanned gasstation, payed with my bankcard and when I checked my account via online banking I noticed I payed at 13:13...
edit on 20-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It happens to me a few times a week,the time i always seem to land on is 09:11 in the morning,nothing to do with the tragic deaths on that day it's just a coincidence i look at my watch at that time.
I tend to be very aware of what the time is generally without looking at clocks or watches so when this happens i just pass it off to be honest.
It can get in your mind if it happens alot,it did to me at first,use the numbers in the lottery or something,maybe a sign that those are the numbers you should be using in something like a lottery.
edit on 20-6-2011 by rhynouk because: spelling,general check

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't think you'll find an answer here. A good friend of mine tried to find it a few years ago, and never did.
The problem is, people make an awful lot of assumptions about people they don't know and about those people's intellect or state of awareness.

The person I am talking about is a very, very rational (but sensitive) person who is always very aware of her own thoughts and impulses. It's a rare ability, but she has it. So when she suddenly started seeing rows of identical digits - 5:05, 09:09, 13:13, 23:23, 14:14, 10:10 and so on - every time she happened to glance at a clock, it had to be something else than a simple "coincidence", or else one would have to explain how come this same coincidence did not pop into view before. Her habits had not changed, and they did not change in the few weeks that this lasted before it went away. And then, maybe two years later, reappeared again before it went away again.

I don't know what it was. She doesn't know what it was. But there must have been something else than simple "coincidence", that's for sure. There was a "meaning" there; we just don't know what it was. Oversimplifying things may be a good and fast way to stop thinking about something, but it doesn't offer any real answers.

edit on 21-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join