It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are a child of god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Not far from the base of that mountain, there was a boy/girl born to an unwed mother. He/she had a hard time growing up, because every place he/she went, he/she was always asked the same question, 'Hey boy/girl, who’s your daddy?' Whether he/she was at school, in the grocery store or drug store, people would ask the same question, 'Who's your daddy?' He/she would hide at recess and lunch time from other students. He/she would avoid going in to stores because that question hurt him/her so bad. 'When he/she was about 12 years old, a new preacher came to his church. He/she would always go in late and slip out early to avoid hearing the question, 'Who's your daddy?' But one day, the new preacher said the benediction so fast that he got caught and had to walk out with the crowd. Just about the time he/she got to the back door, the new preacher, not knowing anything about him/her, put his hand on his/her shoulder and asked him/her, 'Child, who's your daddy?' The whole church got deathly quiet. He/she could feel every eye in the church looking at him/her now everyone would finally know the answer to the question, 'Who's your daddy?' 'This new preacher, though, sensed the situation around him and using discernment that only the Holy Spirit could give, said the following to that scared little boy/girl.. 'Wait a minute! I know who you are! I see the family resemblance now; you are a child of God.' With that he patted the boy/girl on his/her shoulder and said, 'Boy/girl, you've got a great inheritance. Go and claim it.' 'With that, the boy/girl smiled for the first time in a long time and walked out the door a changed person. He/she was never the same again. Whenever anybody asked him/her, 'Who's your Daddy?' he'd/she’d just tell them, 'I'm a Child of God.

nesaranews.blogspot.com...

I just recently read a thread on ATS about atheism, which I did agree with when I hadn’t gone through my spiritual experience. I would like to know from all those atheist out there if it was good to know that they are a child of god. I went from being skeptical to science  atheism  agnostic  shamanism  spirituality  god. Although I don’t think we will ever be able to truly become a real god. I’m positive we can all become gods on earth and transform earth into heaven as in the case of it being a hellhole right now with so many people suffering. All of us have been blessed with the power of freewill to do what we want with it here on earth. Depending on what we choose to do with it, we will either be contributing positive energy or negative energy to the energy field that surrounds the earth.
edit on 18-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good post, but hard to read, you wrote of my childhood, minus a wise person, coupled with starvation and neglect, it took a lot of years to heal and find out who I am. You are close on, and no, I find myself within and not elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I fully agree, but OL can't help but think that many will react to that news like this...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
Good post, but hard to read, you wrote of my childhood, minus a wise person, coupled with starvation and neglect, it took a lot of years to heal and find out who I am. You are close on, and no, I find myself within and not elsewhere.

I also found myself within too, but realized that what I found within was pretty much in everyone else too. So what I found within was also out there in someone else too.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If by god you mean what ever caused the creation of the Universe then sure. There is aboslutely no reasonable reason to believe in any of ancient mans meanderings in religious text. Especially when you consider how many men have edited, removed, mistranslated and added words to those religious texts.

I used to be a believer in the Christian mythology had spirtual experiences etc...have found I can induce those experiences without belief or faith in religion or gods. I also can maintain positive belief that something good will occur and it sometimes happens without prayer or asking a god to fullfill my desires. It happens at least as often as prayers used to be answered.

So our Sun could be considered our creator or even your mom and dad but their is no objective evidence that a inteligent God or being created or guides our lives or destiny. If said god wants and loves me it will have to provide some tangible evidence beyound ancient wrttings and "spiritual experiences to have me believe in it.

I hope there is a loving god that will give us continued existence after we die but the reality is there is not likely going to be anything after we die.

Why would a God of such power and love punish kill or send to hell any of it's creations? Seriously? Nah...not in reality anyway.

top topics

join