It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to face ICC over Bahrain crackdowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0943e83eb08f.jpg[/atsimg]
A group of lawyers are planing to sue (?) Britain for its involvement in the Bahraini revolution brutal crack downs. Britain has been selling weapons and training the Bahraini forces against the revolution.

Most Bahrainis blame the torture on a British advisor to the King himself, Mr. Henderson. This individual is called a butcher, and he has many torture charges on him, but no one goes forward to punish him the same way he has helped countless governments punish political prisoners through torture.

Ian Henderson is a British citizen known for his alleged use of torture to put down the Mau Mau Uprising in Kenya, and later the 1990s Uprising in Bahrain as an employee of the Bahrain government. Some journalists have referred to Mr Henderson as the "Butcher of Bahrain" due to allegations of torture.

en.wikipedia.org...(police_officer)

The lawyers are collecting evidence, such as video footage of brutality by the Bahraini government, which according to the lawyers, Britain holds partial responsibility.

Many torture cases have been coming out of Bahrain, some cases where activists and peaceful protesters have died under the torture.

More protests have also erupted in the country as more people are being sent to prison in daily basis.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/216ffe2c0260.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

(AFP) – 17 hours ago (from now)
DUBAI — Thousands of Shiite Bahrainis rallied Friday outside Manama in the second mass demonstration organised by Al-Wefaq opposition group since a mid-March crackdown on pro-democracy protests.

Source

-----

US puts Bahrain on its list of human rights violators

"The U.S. has put Bahrain, a Persian Gulf ally, on its list of human rights violators to be scrutinized by the UN Human Rights Council.

abna.ir...

This is weird, is US trying to distance itself from Bahrain to legitimize the Bahraini Kings?

edit on 18-6-2011 by confreak because: Images and more information

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I hope britain does face the icc and america i have herd in the past 2 weeks from william hague ,hillary clinton ,and obama about the hypocrisy and double standards on Irans behalf and how iran is helping its friend syria and yet these idiots from the west put a media blackout when saudi troops enter bahrain to brutally crackdown protestors and flatten mosques drag people out of hospitals murdered unarmed protestors .

I wonder why hague, cameron, sarkozy, didn't run to the Un to get the mandate?? or sanctions. I see nothing but cowards when i look at western goverments

As for your secound extra link america new saudi troops were going to enter bahrain soon as gates left tanks were on there way
edit on 18-6-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

US puts Bahrain on its list of human rights violators

But of course the US 5th fleet will stay in Bahrain... more hypocrisy from the US government.

If big protests like that were happening in the US, the US government would be doing the same thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes, US would probably do worse to its people (my belief), but currently we are talking about Bahrain.

I know nothing will come out of this as most people are aware that ICC works for who ha who. I'm just curious whether the media will pick this up.

BBC has been talking critically about the crack downs, but I don't know whether BBC has been talking critically about the origins of those strings.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TREASONFX

As a brit I 100% agree with you on this point. Double standards? Thats what all politicians do, you have to be a lying two faced scum bag to get into power. And better if you are some kind of pervert, that way they are easier to control.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
15 year old child Salman Ahmed was arrested for "illegal gathering".

interview with Toby Jones on SA's role with what's happening in Bahrain on "Democracy Now":
www.jadaliyya.com...

Bahrain wants to Sue Robert Fisk of "The Independent" for his opinion on the Doctors trials.

Award winning photographer Mohammed Alshaikh arrested.

PHR Calls For Open and Fair Trials in Bahrain:
physiciansforhumanrights.org...

videos of the gatherings in the village Sitra yesterday:
www.youtube.com...
yfrog.com...

I'll try to post more later.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a 5 to 6 year old girl was just found in the village Karana, there are pictures of her on Twitter, she doesn't know where her parents are...

that's just horrible, this government is just sick, arresting teenagers & alienating children isn't something acceptable in our society, what's even more sickening is the fact that organizations around the world are watching & allowing this to happen.

top topics

join