It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a cop pulled you over and started to beat the snot out out of you, you would take it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
And that's why they keep doing it.

If you have no testicles admit it to yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

What would you suggest we do about it? That cop called into his dispatch center before he ever got out of the car. In more modern departments they are watching his blinking dot on a screen if not able to access his patrol unit's camera feed. The police had panic buttons on their person as far back as 25 years ago. I know this because my Father was a Police Officer back before that title meant what it's now become. There is a time and place to fight, but a traffic stop isn't it. Beat that one cop and win...you'll feel dandy....for awhile. When 100 cops arrive right behind their fallen buddy and shoot the citizen to bloody rags just for the vengeance aspect of the whole thing, what has been accomplished?

Although...having a camera set up in your own vehicle, in advance, would do FAR more than a thousand road side beatings given back to "The Man". Remember a little guy named Rodney King?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Things may be different if i also had a taser, pepper spray, a baton, gun, and backup.

But since i don't, there is little choice but "to take it"

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are drooling on it. Are you kidding. What to do about it. They should know before they mess with you what will be done about it. God bless you. It's tough when nobody thinks you can put them down.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would probably try to just let it happen.. but definitely not out of fear. If i were to retaliate physically he'd be able to justify his actions within himself and nothing would change within this hypothetical troubled individual.

Although drunk on the raw exercise of power police officers are still human and hopefully not without conscience. Imagine if you snapped and attacked an innocent individual, would you be more likely to look inwards and feel remorse if they simply let it happen? That's one hell of a punishment in itself.

but in all honestly I don't know if the animal instinct within me would kick in resulting with me going ape-shiz. I really can't say.

edit on 17-6-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
oh no no no! i learned my lesson. i will defend my self no matter what. Sure they will kill me with there guns but they will live through the shame not me.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If a cop pulled me over and started to beat the snot out of me, would I take it?

I am thinking if he/she is already beating the snot out of me, I really don't have much choice, but if you are asking would I fight back...well then, I would have to say most certainly I would fight back!

Since this is hypothetical, I am going to suppose that maybe I have a weapon too, lets say an ankle holstered little .380...do I pull it and use it to defend myself? Probably not, unless I actually felt my life was in mortal danger, but when an armed person (cop or not) is beating the snot out of me, I would have to question at what point my life becomes mortally endangered.

I don't know the answer to this one. I suppose it depends on what my part is in this beating...like let's suppose I am drunk and driving like an idiot...I get pulled over...start threatening to hurt this officer and he is alone without back-up on an open spot of interstate highway. Do I deserve a little whipping? Maybe...depends I suppose.

Hard to say though...if I am doing nothing wrong and I am pulled out of my vehicle and the beating starts...well then I have the same right to defend myself as I would with someone who is not a law enforcement official...I would think anyway...and that is probably what I would do.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HisMajesty

You should not have to be in fear for your life. This is not right.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

but you know what happens when you try to defend yourself. that i do not fear

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not in my case. Seriously. After seeing some people for the first time, you just know not to f*** with them. And I'm not talking about having a lot of muscle. I'm talking about that raw look that shakes you full of fear to your very core.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If it was for no good reason then I'd take the beating then go to a hospital, get evidence of the wounds, there's always a camera around so it'd be on film. Lawsuits aplenty.

If it was for a reason though like I'd just attacked or killed another cop or was a dangerous criminal resisting arrest then I'd take it knowing I deserved it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Maybe you deserve it.

But not all cops are bad. Situation dictates.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I doubt it. First off, I am a small guy- 130 at my heaviest... if I fight back, in no time there will be 3+ cops there ready to beat my ass..plus the added jail time for 'resisting arrest' and 'assaulting a police officer.' Not only that, but what happens in jail? I expect a few more beat downs behind closed doors.

It is a lose-lose.. you get beat down and take it.. or you fight back and get beat even worse.. plus you get added jail time.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I served this country respectfully, and with honor, and if some little hide behind the badge punk has the balls to actually swing at me, I better be in cuffs first, or there better be a lot of them around to subdue me. It would be mudhole stoppin time. As far as I am concerned they are now enemy combatants, and will be treated so as if it were a life or death situation.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
And that's why they keep doing it.

If you have no testicles admit it to yourself.

Don't bet on that. Human instinct is to protect and defend one's life by all means necessary. I can state explicitly that I would never let one beat me up without us ending up side by side on ER gurneys. I was trained by a SWAT officer in Si Lum Kung Fu and can assume my old Sifu would be pretty pissed if I let my ass get kicked by one of "his" without putting up some kind of defense.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Depends on if I knew someone other than their dash cam had video rolling on it!

top topics

join