It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. council passes gay rights resolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Correction, god does exist

Aside from you oft inane ramblings and way out there speculation on things you have absolutely no knowledge of and aside from the bible, do you have some solid concrete,tangible proof, that god does exist.

Again the bible, your feelings and or personal experiences do NOT count as concrete tangible evidence. Also please do not point to the sun,moon the stars or other celestial bodies as evidence. If you have nothing in the way of hard data for the existence of god, then your statement is ignorant and reeks of arrogance.

no one has proof that the big bang existed, yet i believe. Show me a video tape recording of the big bang in action.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And show us proof of God.
And that the Bible is really his written word, not certain books put together by certain people to put forth a message they wanted to benefit them.

Come on man are you serious right now?

edit on 6/18/2011 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Also, I did not post this to get in to a whole God vs no God thing.
So I am done after that last post going into that.

I posted this to spread the news of the resolution and for those who believe this is a positive thing.
Because we are all equal and we are all one.
One day I hope everyone can realize this.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

And show us proof of God.
And that the Bible is really his written word, not certain books put together by certain reason to put forth a message they wanted to benefit them.

Come on man are you serious right now?

No one has proof of god or the big bang. There are signs of both. I believe in both. Yes I am serious. Show me a video tape that demonstrates the big bang being made. I have a background in physics so no funny business.
edit on 18-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

If you believe in both why need proof of one and not the other. And if you do believe in the big bang as well, why do you need proof of it?
I do not believe in a God up there sitting on a throne, nor do I believe necessarily in a big bang.
I am not here to proof against one or the other.

I am here to show that this is positive and that people should take from it, that we are all equal and one.
That it is not right to kill, abuse, and discriminate those because they are different in some small feature or orientation.
That is my only point here.
Not to make this a religion debate.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
This is ridiculous, they are worried about gay rights than the people in Africa starving or the people in Palestine being killed by the terrorist zionst/nazis or the civilians being killed by NATO in Libya. Seriously gays will be punished by god and the world has its priorities messed up and will also be punished.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought things have sure come along way. Then I saw your post and I realized we still have a long way to go.

If you are so concerned with people starving in Africa and people being killed in Libya, Don't you think you are being ridiculous for worrying about gay rights?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theUNKNOWNawaits

If you believe in both why need proof of one and not the other. And if you do believe in the big bang as well, why do you need proof of it?
I do not believe in a God up there sitting on a throne, nor do I believe necessarily in a big bang.
I am not here to proof against one or the other.

I am here to show that this is positive and that people should take from it, that we are all equal and one.
That it is not right to kill, abuse, and discriminate those because they are different in some small feature or orientation.
That is my only point here.
Not to make this a religion debate.

I don't need proof of either, their are signs of intelligent engineering in this universe which point to god, and the same god who is up on the throne said that homosexuality is a sin. Not to be punished by us, but by him.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TERAKO68

Thank you, as I said in the OP.
We have mad a step in the right direction yet there is still a very long road ahead of us.

Then why ask for one then?
Yes there are signs of something out there, though I highly doubt it is a old man on a throne.
And once again you are basing things of the Bible, a book, which is all that it is, nothing more. Not basis of proof on anything.
This back and forth will go on forever so I will stop here, as right now in time there is nothing that will sway you away from your absurd thoughts. I am sorry for you. Maybe in another life you will realize things a little better.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

It should have been, yes.

But it wasn't. This was basically a loophole that certain nations - many African and Middle Eastern nations (Uganda and Iran, for example) exploited to savagely violate human rights... so long as the basis for doing so was "they're homosexuals." Since sexuality and gender orientation were not included in the initial human rights resolutions, all the UN could do was sputter uselessly. A nation who executed people for being gay was not legally violating human rights; as the UN is a legal body and not a moral one, this is a notable distinction.

This resolution closes the loophole. it won't make Uganda or Iran nicer places to be gay (At least, not instantly), but it WILL allow the UN to press sanctions and political penalties on thoseand other nations who persecute people on the basis of gender orientation and sexuality.
edit on 18/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well said.
Thank you for reading the article and looking into it more.

This is a positive thing indeed, hence why some African nations and others were strongly against this resolution.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Um, just what does it matter one way or the other to anyone in the known Universe what the U. (Useless) N. (Now) says about GBLT people? If there is anyone you DON'T want on your side no matter WHAT your cause is, if you haven't figured out it's the U_seless N_ow crowd, you never will! Don't forget, these are the people that want to tell you how to live your life, right down to the nth detail! The only thing the U_seless N_ow can do for any of us that is constructive is disband, go away and never EVER show up again!
edit on 18-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

edit on 18-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

I do not like much of what the UN does do.

However, when someone helps try to stop innocent people from being killed and abused for their being different in features or orientations. I will applaud it. It is simply the right thing to do.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Great news.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Glad to hear that you share the same sentiment.
And that you are able to take away the positive points of the article.
The more of us that realize we are all equal and one. The better are world can be. It is a long road, but if we keep going in the right direction in can be life changing for all.
It is a sad world we live in right now, but it does not need to stay that way.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I read through the article and I didn't see a few things that I think should've been addressed:

1. What rights exactly are being infringed upon that are exclusively gay? The article kept switching back and forth between the terms "gay rights" and "human rights", but which gay rights were never mentioned.
2. Why did the U.S. State Department take the lead on this? Why not the State Departments of other nations?
3. This is this most important question I have: How is this new legislation to be enforced? When is it to be enforced?

Anyone else have these questions?

/TOA

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Women's lib was funded by organizations involved in the NWO. This is the same thing. The basic issues aren't even relevant and they aren't happening to help people. They're happening to pave the way to enslaving us all.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
1. What rights exactly are being infringed upon that are exclusively gay? The article kept switching back and forth between the terms "gay rights" and "human rights", but which gay rights were never mentioned.

Because "gay rights" and "human rights" are, for all intents and purposes, interchangable phrases; there's no functional difference. Unfortunately, for a long time, they were legally different - in that sexuality and gender identity were not mentioned in the Universal Declaration of Human rights.

While it seems like just a "common sense" thing that since gay people are human, all human rights should apply to them equally, the legalese mumbo-jumbo allowed for, eh, "alternative" interpretations. Basically this resolution affirms and puts into writing what was really there all along, just unwritten and loopholed.

2. Why did the U.S. State Department take the lead on this? Why not the State Departments of other nations?

should it matter who takes the lead?

3. This is this most important question I have: How is this new legislation to be enforced? When is it to be enforced?

Same way all human rights are enforced... which brings us to the unfortunate fact that the UN has a hard time actually making any serious move on human rights violations, since many nations in the UN have a vested interest in continuing some human rights violations while also having an interest in stopping others. For instance, the US has an interest in protecting its own human rights violations in the Middle East, as well as covering Israel's ass for its Human Rights violations. However the Us is an outspoken critic of Iran's human rights violations - unlike china, which covers Iran's ass for economic reasons.

It'd be nice if the UN had more teeth to enforce human rights. But the UN doesn't really work that way. However it can lean moralistic pressure on certain nations that are aiding and abetting; for instance Uganda's current drive to eradicate its gay people is being fueled and funded by American Christians; with this resolution, perhaps the US will make moves to cut off American support for that travesty.
edit on 18/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Dude, don't even bother with that guy, just ignore him like the majority of people do on this forum, he's not worth the effort, trust me. He's a shining example of why the ignore feature needs to be re-implemented.

I think this kind of UN law/legislation is great and long overdue. For YEARS countries like Iran and others have had a voice in the UN while at the same time violating gay and womens rights left right and centre, not to mention basic human rights. I work with a fellow from Saudi Arabia who wouldn't have even dreamed of mentioning anything to do with being gay back in his homeland. Even now he is still scared because he fears repercussions from his family who are very strict Muslims (honour killings). He told me that back in Saudi Arabia suspected homosexuals used to be tied to two pickup trucks by rope, both trucks would pull away from each other ripping limbs from the gay mans sockets. Very sad situation. There was actually a really good documentary about the Iranian Gay community and how they have to meet up in clandestine locations just to feel safe with each other, I'll try and find it.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Sorry, but I am going to be very blunt and frank here.

Why does there need to be special rights because someone enjoys sodomy? I am not going to judge anybody because I am a sinner, too.

Isn't it more to do with the fact that most people in the world don't like it because it is not the natural course. Nature did not intend this kind of act, as is shown in the way our bodies are developed.

Rectums were intended as our bodies' means to evacuate waste, not to have a sexual organ inserted into it. There is grave risk of disease because when this kind of action occurs the rectum often bleeds.

How can anyone actually be turned on by sodomy? Inserting one's organ into a place that is, well frankly, the passage for smelly and quite toxic waste?

Sorry, hope I have not over shot the rules here. I have tried to use the biological terms for these functions.

And please - to anyone who is gay - I would never judge you or want to hurt you. It is your choice, but I am just find it strange that people who practice this have to have special rights.
edit on 18-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Don't knock it until you've tried it there big fella. j/k

Let me ask you this, have you ever had a girlfriend that enjoyed the alternative entrance? Do you see it as being any diffrerent just because she's a girl?
edit on 18-6-2011 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join