It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you react if Bush wins big in November?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I know, it's looking right now like it's going to be a close election in November, as close as it was in 2000, with the winner being unpredictable at this point, and whoever wins, Bush or Kerry, winning by a single state or two.

But I am curious about one thing... especially for those of you who are very much hoping for the opposite, how will you react if Bush happens to win big in November?

What do you think will happen in the next 4 years in the U.S. (and around the world) if Bush gets re-elected?

I'm not trying to vouch for Bush or Kerry in this thread; I'm just trying to guage people's reactions.
Thanks!

[edit on 8/8/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If Bush is elected I think that the US will go to war and invade more nations, again.... and that we will be destroyed from the outside. Exactly the opposite of what would happen if Kerry is elected.... we would be destroyed from the inside.

What would I do if Bush was elected? Read 1984 again to get a better idea of the future Bush has planned for the US.

[edit on 8/8/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
If Bush is elected I think that the US will go to war and invade more nations, again...

Well, there have been rumors in Washington, D.C. of the U.S. military invading North Korea and Iran (since U.S. troops have it surrounded in Iraq and Afghanistan) in 2005 and/or 2006... but who knows at this point...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
At this point I will be thrilled if EITHER wins big, then let the chips fall where they may and we'll deal with it then. There is nothing worse than a country like this still debating whether or not the President should be there. We need a definative result so everyone can get beyond the fact that the majority has spoken and then we can all go after him with our skeptisism together.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If he wins he wins, and that is that another 4 years and we see what happend.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If he gets elected I vow to become a raging alcoholic for 4 years straight, during this time I promise to cut people off venomently, stop being pc so I can scream and curse people out because i'd be so damn mad, i'd make sure to name call and drive them out of my sight... I will get bumper stickers cursing out the republicans and democrats for being so stupid and naive. And gain lot's of weight so that I can get people's dirty stares so I can then verbally pounce on them because more then likely they elected either party. I fart in people's direction when their eating at restaurants, in line at home depot, anywhere where there is a line up I promise to let the spd's rip... Anything repulsive and childish I will do... (Kidding)

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
TrueLies,

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now that is radical. Just make sure you come back to normality.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I dont think it will make much difference which of the big two win, it will just be business as usual in Washington

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I dont think it will make much difference which of the big two win, it will just be business as usual in Washington

^ what amuk said ^

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If Bush wins then i'll cry...

REALLY!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Four more years of unemployment. It's been so long I feel like a concientious objector. Might as well make it official...

I'LL ONLY WORK OR PAY TAXES FOR DEMOCRATS!

If Bush wins, I stay on strike.

Strike! Strike! Strike!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Realistic Answer: Most likely try to move to Canada as soon as possible. Actually, I'll probably do that no matter what, even if Kerry wins...

Less-Realistic Answer: Depending on how many people are doing it, take up arms and indulge in a bit o' the ultra-violence.

[edit on 8/8/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, let me put it this way. If Bush looses I won't shed a tear. I don't like him or Kerry. I would probably have to vote for Kerry simply because he's a better public speaker than Bush. Plus, I like his policies a little more.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Since I'm in the IRR now, go back to Iraq.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I see it this way whomever it wins is going to be another 4 year of watching and guessing and then another year bashing and political debates and the world will go on.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hear it put this way....

The country is in a hole, Bush wants to move us to the right in that hole, while Kerry wants to move us left. Libertarians want to get us out of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If bush wins by a landslide victory it would be so obvious there is foul play afoot... but i live in Aus so i cant do much about it except watch the world turn against your country

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I really worry about a police state with Bush and those of his ilk. I will feel better if Kerry is elected, but that could be illusory. If Bush wins i might seriously think about Canada. Canadians, are there many jobs in Canada for low-skilled labor? I'm somewhat dissatisfied with America anyway. Americans tend to have petty and myopic vision and viewpoints. Heck I'm gay, "O Canada, O Canada, . . . "

Not sure I can deal with the cold, maybe BC would be alright there, next to the Ocean.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
slank, you could always move to sydney Australia... Its warm, nots as screwed up as the USA is becoming and gay people are pretty much everywhere in Sydney and thats oretty much deemed normal... not too sure about employment for your preferences...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
I hear it put this way....

The country is in a hole, Bush wants to move us to the right in that hole, while Kerry wants to move us left. Libertarians want to get us out of it.

thatll take a lot of luck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join