It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's "Born in the USA" Frenzy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

That is my main concern also. I guess somehow im a hypocrate because of that. The system will never work if we dont allow it to.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is one of the problems that many people are having with the entire immigration debate and ultimately both sides are correct. One side, it is correct to state that a child born in the US is a US citizen, with the full rights of that citizen, however, the other side is correct in stating that children should not be used as a short cut to becoming a citizen. But got down to a more basic level, and ask yourself this:
Is a mother fit to be a mother if she knowingly and willfully puts her child in danger or harms way? That should be the first question that any of us should ask, when it comes to this issue and the children that are born here. Ultimately the answer should be no, cause in the countries standards, if you put a child in danger, it is called neglect and abuse. So then how can we even think of giving a child, where the parent has willingly and knowingly put that child in danger to get here, be it making a hazardous trek over land or via flight where the pregnancy of the mother could be terminated by the conditions, only for her to give birth here to a child? Should not the welfare of the child be considered first, would that not fall into the lines of so many different ideologies that are prevalent in the US? Why are not anti abortion groups out protesting this, after all, the acts that they are taking could cause the woman to lose the child, while not in a medical sense, but it is still a risk. Where are the child safety advocates and Child Protective services, should they not weigh in on this issue and put in what they believe should also be the best course of action?
For myself, the way I believe is that if the woman is an illegal immigrant or just coming here, while pregnant with the intention of giving birth, neither she nor the child should be granted citizenship, for the dangers that she fraught on her unborn child to get here. Should the mother arrive and get pregnant afterwards, then by all means allow the child to be a citizen, as there was no danger to the unborn child.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Yes is illegal immigrants that are bringing poverty into the nation and breeding American babies to get into the system.

But Much of China's immigration is actually legal and they are bringing wealth into the nation not poverty, the days of china towns full of illegal Chinese is been replaced by wealth off communities of Chinese well to do.

edit on 17-6-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I understand that most come here to excel, but the ends never justify the means. Riding on the back of an outdated law to get your foot in the door is unacceptable.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Yes it is, and I am all for getting not only immigration laws more stiff and to get off citizenship on children of illegal immigrants.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The fact that people still want to immigrate to the United States I think is a good thing. We aren't as far in the hole as we thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The loop hole is a problem, it allows any tourists who are just visiting to have an American baby. So does the same occur when Americans are over seas touring China, are our offspring Chinese Nationals?

What if terrorists decided to start letting their wives tour America right before they gave birth, will that allow terrorists children to be US citizens, while the parent is on the watch list?

This subject is a sensitive one, and I am on the fence.

While I am for people born here having the right to be American, I still feel if they are not a resident when they are born they are just tourists. How ever, if they are only born here to up and return to their parents home country, does that make them dual citizens?

Before getting up in arms on the issue, we really need to sit back, take a deep breath, and take a good long hard look at the situation.

Shooting from the lip based on a knee jerk reaction, is not the rational approach, ever.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

True but they defiantly inhabited here a long long time maybe even longer than we even think.I say this because of all the dirt mounds across America.They ruled this long before we stole it fair and square.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join