It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Bible Belt: Homes In Ruins From Tornadoes Denied Aid By FEMA For 'Insufficient Damage"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The original title to the article in Red State was "Barack Obama Wants These People To Handle Your Healthcare"

BO

How incredibly stupid can the federal gov be?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
These people have home owners insurance so why are they applying to FEMA for aid? FEMA isn't there to provide double pay outs to people.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Surely god will fix the homes and lives of those in the bible belt, or may be it wants them to move away from the belt, remember it does move in mysterious ways according to its plan.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What you would generally expect to happen is that F.E.M.A. would pay out and that the insurance would reimburse the government what was paid with any remainder insurance money to go to the family. Not entirely sure that's how it would work though.

The paranoid part of me has to ask how much you want to bet that the insurance company will refuse to pay on the basis of that letter from F.E.M.A.?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Overstuffed

The paranoid part of me has to ask how much you want to bet that the insurance company will refuse to pay on the basis of that letter from F.E.M.A.?

Or, the protocol may be Apply to Insurance co. -> Get turned down -> Apply to FEMA -> Get turned down

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It all depends on whether or not you live in a red or blue state from the 2008 elections. Example; fires in Texas, flooding in Nashville from last year, gulf oil spill states, fire in Arizona, I could be wrong, but it sure looks like it to me;

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So wait...mishigas, who's a Palin supporter, a person who's for government spending cuts and the end of "free handouts" from the government is now whining about people not receiving handouts?

Wow, the irony is strong in this one

top topics

join