It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If election was held today Obama would lose to a Republican paper bag,according to latest Gallup pol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Any Republican could take Obama today according to Gallup. I agree.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-four percent of registered voters say they are more likely to vote for "the Republican Party's candidate" and 39% for Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election, according to Gallup's June update. The current five-percentage-point edge for the generic Republican is not a statistically significant lead, and neither side has held a meaningful lead at any point thus far in 2011

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Then who gonna get up to the Presidency? Sarah Palin? Because if you think about it alot of people likes Palin more than Obama.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm awfully glad to hear that Obama would lose to a Republican paper bag since bags full of hot air are all I've seen coming from the Republican Party thus far. Where is a promising and qualified third party candidate? Even if one just runs for laughs, I'd love the third option to at least FEEL like we all had some choice in the outcome.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm awfully glad to hear that Obama would lose to a Republican paper bag since bags full of hot air are all I've seen coming from the Republican Party thus far. Where is a promising and qualified third party candidate? Even if one just runs for laughs, I'd love the third option to at least FEEL like we all had some choice in the outcome.
Don't be silly, a third party would ensure Obama a second term, lets not go there ok?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

No way, Ron Paul or 3rd party. Believe me you don't want Romney or Palin. Obama is sinking like a brick tho
edit on 16-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I wish someone from the Westboro baptist church would run, they seem to have an interesting platform.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This poll is significant especially if the first debate was before the poll this current month.
The Republicans will have everyone's un-divided attention, no Democratic debates to share the spotlight.
Notice the 2% bump for OBL death...look out al-qaida!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

But its not today so who cares.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I really don't know where we do go. I agree no third party candidate is even in the wings with promise, but I absolutely won't vote for Romney. Period. Obama gets us there fast and Romney will take a slower train but the last station on the line is the same place under either man. Palin? She may very be well intentioned but she would play out like a conservative version of Jimmy Carter with her total lack of experience and idealistic visions of how things 'could be'. I'd love her as a Cabinet member, but not in direct line of succession to the President. Ron Paul goes without saying....Everyone in both parties but his own son and Paul Ryan will be head hunting him from now until he drops out or loses in a huge way. How can anyone who is hated by BOTH parties with a passion that borders on fanatic even hope to place? Americans just don't have the will and power to buck the system as hard as that would require just to give Ron Paul hope.

So, Okay.. I won't go there. But...Where do we go? At this point, with these choices, I'll write in my own name and to heck with everyone if they can't take a joke. At least I can live with the vote I make...I can't with anyone else I am seeing right now.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Quick Question. How does one source an article titled:

2012 Voter Preferences for Obama, "Republican" Remain Close

And then create a thread titled:

If election was held today Obama would lose to a Republican paper bag,according to latest Gallup pol

Hmmmmmmmm. Partisan agenda much? Unless a worthy candidate magically appears on the GOP landscape of posers, faux patriots and religious zealots, I'd say Obama is guaranteed a 2nd term. Hey have you got that bag handy that you took off Newt's head?

/MD
edit on 16-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately the GOP has yet to offer up someone as good as a paper bag. (excluding Ron Paul who we all know the GOP despise)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dammit man! why are you bringing common sense to this thread?
I was happy with my paper bag theory!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
if the election were held today and it was between obama and a paperbag

i would vote for the paperbag

just sayin. the paper bag cant start any more wars and print more money and raise taxes.

top topics

join